Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a Saris Bones 2 Bike Rack( or any other) fit the rear of my cr v ex.I do have a rear spoiler with reverse camera under it.
if not does anyone have another rear two bike rack mounted on this cr v ?
thanks rosco.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have been using this rack on my vehicles for many years: 1upusa.com/product-quikracksilver

Yes it is expensive however there is an ease of use and lack of steel or plastic parts to be problematic down the road. Yes, trailer hitch required but the stability and safety of my bikes is important to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a friend (co-rider) who owns a Prius and went with the Saris Bones rack so as not to affect the warranty. It does the job but there are rubber coated metal clips that must be fastened to the car to mount and hold the rack in place. These brackets fit over the body panels at various locations. He added clear plastic to help protect the finish of his new car. Short term, it'll work. Long term, things are going to get ugly, well, in my opinion. These brackets are at strange angles and this will allow them to move while the bike is being carried causing damage to the pain as a minimum allowing mother nature to get under the finish. We know that that brings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking to add a bike rack for my car as well. I was considering a roof rack, but from what I am reading, everyone seems to like the hitch rack? Can anyone chime in?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Have a roof rack, purchased for my 1992 Honda Accord. Don't own the car but the rack hangs in my shed unused. Did not like having bikes on top of my car. Created all kinds of handling issues, wind issues, noise and reduction in fuel mileage. Currently a hitch rack user, easy on, easy off and no issues. Bought a spare tire rack for my Gen 2 CRV, used it once and took that thing back. That's when I had the hitch installed and bought the rack.

·
Registered
12 Posts
AGREE 100% with sgtjim57. If you appreciate Quality Craftsmanship & Materials you need to check out 1 UP USA bicycle racks. None of the better racks are inexpensive & the 1 UP USA is priced comparably, while being of superior quality & function to any others I've seen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts