Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
I have Bilstein HD's on my 06 all the way around. They work just fine. I think the ones you were looking at are the OE ride quality equivalent. Bilstein makes good stuff. I don't know anything about Sachs, so can't comment on their quality.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BDub - was a little skeptical of how good these were at that price.
I know the higher-end Bilstein's are crazy £££

·
Registered
351 Posts
Tirerack sells Bilsteins for the CRV at good prices.

I love the brand, and run 5100's on my large SUV. Life has not exceeded 80k before needing replacement. (One leaked, and one shock eye came loose and rattled) Still, better than OEM by a long shot.

For OEM replacements on a Honda I'd only buy these to save on Honda's full assembly replacement cost. Otherwise you cannot beat the OEM struts and shocks for long life and good performance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Trev

I just order the Sachs for all 4 corners and will be running H&R springs. Ive run Sachs on a lot of cars, all german. Audi and VW's. But they were always good. Ill be interested to see how they do on the CRV.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ok, so an update after installing the H&R and Sachs it is a smooth ride and not too stiff, you can still feel the bumps like with the stock 3rd gen suspension. Ive put about 1500 miles on so far and that included a 750-ish mile highway round trip and it rode great. If any one wants Sachs struts, they are a great and personally better option than KYB's(this is my personal opinion, I like a firmer ride)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts