Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but there wasn't a topic on this so here we go....

I'm happily running my Saab 2002 9-3 on bio diesel at the moment so wondered if any of you are running your CRV's on bio diesel?
We've got a 2005 exec diesel and was thinking of using bio diesel in it, before I do that thought I'd see if anyone else was already doing so to see if you had encountered any problems.

Cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
I would love to try, but don't want to take the risk of screwing something.
Where do you buy your biodiesel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to try, but don't want to take the risk of screwing something.
Where do you buy your biodiesel?
I get mine delivered by a place in Oxford, which going by your location is where you are? goldenfuels
As mentioned I've been running the Saab on it no probs so far, if prices continue to go up, I'll have to seriously consider switching the CRV to bio diesel and see what happens. Actually I might mail Honda and see if they envisage any problems in doing so.

Don't do it if your drive a diesel cr-v! Here in Belgium there is a sticker behind the fillingdoor. It indicates to use no biodiesel.
I'll check ours!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still not got round to checking the inside of the petrol flap but I have spoken to Honda UK :eek:

They don't recommend anything more than a 5% mix of bio-fuel in their diesel engines, something to do with affecting the components, when pushed to identify these the lady on the phone couldn't and just mumbled on about invalidating warranty etc.

Now this isn't the first manufacturer (my mate has a Ford and got the same reply) to say no more than 5% bio fuel should be used and neither could provide a more specifc answer than component failure, even when asked if it had anything to do with the injector, fuel pump etc..
Is it me, or is there something more to this? Are the manufacturers just covering their own backs, or have I bought into the hype that bio diesel can be used in any/most modern cars? :confused: :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts