• Platinum White Pearl with Black Leather

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW, the reason I ask is that I may get a 2019 EX-L AWD and most of what I find doesn't have the color combo I want. My 1st choice is Modern Steel Metallic with Black interior, but I see a lot of MSM with Gray interior. Or I can get a Silver or White with the Black interior.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Black seats show nothing.....blue denim jeans will discolor the gray, but it cleans up fairly easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I prefer the gray but having that choice you must be from the US. Here in Canada you can get any interior color as long as it is black.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, hmmmm.....so is interior more important than exterior? If I did go with the black interior and had to pick silver or white exterior, I feel like I'd have a Raiders or Stormtrooper vehicle (ok, trooper maybe kinda cool).

·
Registered
109 Posts
Only black for me. Much easier to keep clean. My sis in Florida had a white leather interior in her Mustang. It really looked crappy after a couple of years with the suntan, sweat stains.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Black is much more practical, and makes great contrast with the exterior color. Gray is OK, but unless you cover it or put protectants on it.. it is going to pick up colors from clothing over time. Leathers and pleathers are easy to maintain with a simply mild detergent and wipe down once in a while.. but that does not address dye bleed from clothing which leather and pleather like to absorb but resist giving up.

The downside with black leather is it gets even hotter than any other color leather. But I always put lambskin seat covers on my vehicle seats anyway.. so that takes care of both heat and cold in one solution, not to mention improved comfort overall.

I detest fabric seats because they literally absorb and hold body sweat, and over time that gets pretty disgusting, even if you can't see it. It also takes a toll on the foam padding, due to the slightly corrosive nature of body sweat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I personally prefer the gray. It makes the interior feel larger, and isnt as hot in the summer as black.

As others have said, the dye from dark blue jeans will transfer a bit onto the leather, but it cleans off easily with leather cleaners available at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Of these two colors, which leather interior do you like better in the 5th gen CR-V?

Black
Gray

Thanks!
I guess the real question is what do you want? My last car was black/black (I no longer own a car). My wife's last CRV was black/black. We are both so done with boring black. She bought a '19 basque red with the grey and we both love it. Not sure why people say the grey shows blue jeans. We've had a few cars with grey (BMW, 2 Odysseys), I had a tan interior on one Accord we've never had an issue with jeans transferring colors. Then, we don't wear wet jeans either, LOL. Black may not show dirt but it does show scrapes and other marks. I like the Katzkin idea too.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I think the Gray leather is the ugliest of all of the interiors. It looks dated. We had 3 CRVs with each interior color actually.

Black > Cream > Gray

·
Registered
90 Posts
Black is hot, grey looks cheap. I live in the southwest with really hot summers so I avoid black interiors and would go grey over it. Though I prefer the tan over either black or grey but that's only available on a few exterior colors.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not really an important factor, other than light color interiors tend to look dirty and stay dirty quickly where I live. This would be very different than what most people experience.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Not really an important factor, other than light color interiors tend to look dirty and stay dirty quickly where I live. This would be very different than what most people experience.
lighter definitely shows marks and stains.. here is a perfect example of a 2017+ oem leather... stained

·
Registered
11 Posts
I voted for the black because I do think it looks more luxurious but I have the grey. I didn’t want a black, white or silver car again (have had one of those colors every car I’ve ever owned). I hesitated a lot over this. My preference would have been a red with black interior. I was disappointed when I realized that wasn’t an option. I decided that the exterior color was more important to me than the interior. I got a basque red pearl exl. The lighter color interior does make the car feel roomy. We have 2 dogs so I’ve already got the back seat covered with a dog friendly cover. I’m not worried about staining the front seats - I bought some cleaner from Car Guys and will wipe them down as needed. Only time will tell.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts