• Platinum White Pearl with Black Leather

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Thanks all. Well, since I'm in Chicago, and do like black more, I'm going with the black.

Now, for a 2019 EX-L AWD, it's between Lunar Silver and Platinum White Pearl. I added both of those exteriors to the poll as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't think I've seen it in person (or only some dirty ones on the winter road) but is the white for the 2019/2020 different than 2017/2018? Hopefully more towards a bright white vs a slight cream hue. Thanks.
the PWP is a beautiful color with metallic specks in it, unlike the boring all white taffeta white in other Honda models...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Were I in Ilinois I'd lean toward the black. Here in AZ, GREY for sure. It gets hot here and the black is miserable.
Having lived in Arizona before, I have to believe that the grey is equally miserable as well. For that matter so would the Ivory as well. Reason: cabin temperatures routinely reach north of 160 degrees in a closed vehicle sitting in the hot Arizona sun in summer time.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Thanks all. Well, since I'm in Chicago, and do like black more, I'm going with the black.

Now, for a 2019 EX-L AWD, it's between Lunar Silver and Platinum White Pearl. I added both of those exteriors to the poll as well. Thanks!
Both are great colors and easy to keep clean (as in.. do not show dirt or especially do not show water marks easily). Go with the one you personally like best. :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Grey.
My Father-in-law has black leather in his and needs to throw a white beach towel over them in the summer to sit comfortably.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I hate black interiors because of how uncomfortable it gets in the summer. I very much prefer ivory, but this year that's only available in the Platinum White car. And even gray is pretty limited. I'd really like to get Aegean Blue with a light interior, but it's only black.

Sigh. Last time I got the Molten Lava with ivory interior, which was exactly what I wanted. No such luck this time (my lease expires in September)...
I don't think I've seen it in person (or only some dirty ones on the winter road) but is the white for the 2019/2020 different than 2017/2018? Hopefully more towards a bright white vs a slight cream hue. Thanks.
Our '18 paint is the White Diamond Pearl. 2019 and 2020 it is the Platinum White Pearl.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
675 Posts
2017-18 is white diamond pearl with gold three stage

2019-2020 platinum white with no pearl

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thank you all for the comments! I did wind up getting the 2020 version with black interior (and modern steel metallic paint) since with some end of the month push, the cost difference between the 2019 and 2020 wasn't as vast. I've had black in my past 2 cars and while a bit toasty for a small part of the summer in Chicago, I'm used to it. :)

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
2017-18 is white diamond pearl with gold three stage

2019-2020 platinum white with no pearl
Yeah, I prefer the pearl finish, even though it represents a bigger Challenge for doing any touchup paint work. You need a true three stage touchup paint kit for the White Diamond Pearl. Even Honda's touchup paint for White Diamond Pearl is not a true three stage touchup, which baffles me.

White Diamond Pearl presents a more refined and rich paint finish in my view, and is not stark white, but just slightly off white.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
675 Posts
Yeah, I prefer the pearl finish, even though it represents a bigger Challenge for doing any touchup paint work. You need a true three stage touchup paint kit for the White Diamond Pearl. Even Honda's touchup paint for White Diamond Pearl is not a true three stage touchup, which baffles me.

White Diamond Pearl presents a more refined and rich paint finish in my view, and is not stark white, but just slightly off white.
yea ive been matching vinyl and its a paint in the a$$

·
Registered
24 Posts
BTW, the reason I ask is that I may get a 2019 EX-L AWD and most of what I find doesn't have the color combo I want. My 1st choice is Modern Steel Metallic with Black interior, but I see a lot of MSM with Gray interior. Or I can get a Silver or White with the Black interior.
Modern steel on gray is the color of my '17 Touring, which I bought used. It looks fine, but I would have went with a black interior if I had the choice.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts