Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 CRV. love this car, no real issues until last month. One night display screen worked fine, next morning BLANK. Also the radio controls on steering wheel will not work (chg stations, increase or decrease volume)...stopped at the same time as screen. Dealer didn't know why, computer check up revealed nothing. Can replace display for almost $600 (parts & labor). I thought it could be a fuse, but they said no. No driving issues w/o it, just miss convenience of back up camera, station & clock displayed. Any ideas ???

·
Registered
252 Posts
Seems like there would be better diagnostics available for these things. Have you tried the "reboot" of pulling the negative battery cable for a few minutes?

I like these modern creature comforts too, but they were the reason I purchased my first ever extended warranty with our new '15 Pilot... I trust the Honda mechanicals far more than any of the electronic wizardry...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I agree with Tomkatt do a reset on the ECU by removing the negative cable. If it does not work I will show you how to do a hard reset. Let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts