Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Touring AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a blank 'shield' shaped flat area centered directly below the 'H' logo on the front of our 2020 CV-R. Is part of the grille molding. Does anyone know if this is to accommodate an accessory? This photo is from online images, you can make out the flat area.

·
Super Moderator
1,530 Posts
As noted by the prior poster, all the Honda Sensing works from that - best not to tamper with it!

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
540 Posts
That area is to be kept clear and clean. Anything on or over may cause the radar to take false readings which could set off alarms/alerts, or worse.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'd like to put a Buffalo head there. Will this cause any problems?
You mean like a real buffalo head? How will you attach it? Hot glue? Construction adhesive? Some type of giant zip-ties? Whatever, sounds neat. I always liked when people used to mount bull horns to the front of their white Caddilacs. Please post pictures when done!

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,686 Posts
^

Slightly impaired view!!

For the driver, or the buffalo? :ROFLMAO:

The buffalo appears to have a commanding view and with the radar sensor planted you know where.... it can probably double as a front Honda sensor.. and maybe even replace the horn with Mooooooo! :p

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,686 Posts
There is a blank 'shield' shaped flat area centered directly below the 'H' logo on the front of our 2020 CV-R. Is part of the grille molding. Does anyone know if this is to accommodate an accessory? This photo is from online images, you can make out the flat area.
View attachment 142312
Gentle reminder about "consequences of actions". If you do anything to your vehicle that interferes with, or damages, the radar sensor array... you are in for some big ticket $$ at your local dealer to fix it. And since it is owner induced.. the warranty will not apply.

Best Advice: leave it alone... other than to gently clean it with soap and water and rinse regularly. It is blank and clearly visible for a reason.

·
Super Moderator
1,530 Posts
For the driver, or the buffalo? :ROFLMAO:

The buffalo appears to have a commanding view and with the radar sensor planted you know where.... it can probably double as a front Honda sensor.. and maybe even replace the horn with Mooooooo! :p
Slightly off topic but yeh, replacing the horn with a MOO would work wonders compared to the Penelope Pitstop fart the horn makes at present!

·
Registered
197 Posts
A few years ago my family went on a little road trip through South Dakota. We stopped at a restaurant and my wife ordered a buffalo burger. When it came she lifted it up and stared at it, and then she flagged down our waitress and said "excuse me, I thought I ordered a chicken sandwich". The waitress had to explain that buffalo actually meant buffalo. My wife ate the sandwich and seemed to like it, but during the process I think I rolled my eyes and then my wife was mad at me the whole rest of the trip.

Anyways, South Dakota is the place to go if you want to see some buffalo. They have this huge state park where they've somehow trapped thousands of buffalo inside. They just kind of wander around really slow and then every once in a while one will lay down in the road and hold up traffic for a while. Good times!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts