Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post for me and hope to put this in the right section.... :)

Here is the question:
Is it possible to change the LX mirrors for the EX that has the blind spot and turn signal light?

I've been looking all over and can't seem to even find the mirrors... Installation shouldn't be a problem, my guess is that all wires should be there...

If anyone has an idea, part number or anything on this, it would be appreciated.

CR-V 2017 LX 4WD (Black)

Not sure I have to mention but been reading lots of forums.... IF you only want to bitch about me buying an LX or have no clue what you are talking about please don't bother replying!
Also forgive any typos, I'm French :)

To everyone else a BIG THANKS!
David

·
Registered
92 Posts
my guess is that all wires should be there...
Be careful before you make that leap. You might want to make SURE they are there and active before paying $ for the mirrors.
On my 2000 Dodge, I was able to swap the regular mirrors for heated mirrors as the wiring was there and active. On my 2009 Ford, the wiring harness was different and the wiring from the higher trim level wasn't even present.

Does the LX have the reverse (backup) cross traffic detection? If not, then I'd suspect the radar sensor isn't even present. I believe I saw in another thread that the cross traffic alert and the blind spot alert use the same radar sensor in the bumper/rear fender area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.... I see that the cross traffic detection is only available on the Touring trim.. but BSI available on EX and above.. so shouldn't be require...
I guess a visit to the dealer is needed...
The mecanic should be able to answer the question...
Will post the result of my visit... which should be tomorrow...

Mean time if someone wants to comment I'm open!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are talking about 2017 model... just to be sure here.... cause blind spot is on all EX and above... I'm sure of that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Canadian EXL does not have Blind spot information system and rear cross traffic monitor. It only has the honda lanewatch blindspot display

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would not assume that the wiring is in the LX for the EX and above mirrors. I would think that if it was there then Honda would be offering the mirrors as an add on accessory.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The wiring may certainly be there as it's probably cheaper for Honda to initially wire all of them the same. The big, insurmountable difference may be the control panel on the LX which wouldn't accommodate this feature.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Canadian EXL does not have Blind spot information system and rear cross traffic monitor. It only has the honda lanewatch blindspot display
Maybe all your winter salt mix on the roads would foul up all the sensors? FINALLY we have something available in U.S. that the Candians don't have -- makes up a little for your panoramic roof, heated steering wheels and heated rear seating.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Maybe all your winter salt mix on the roads would foul up all the sensors? FINALLY we have something available in U.S. that the Candians don't have -- makes up a little for your panoramic roof, heated steering wheels and heated rear seating.
:) I too felt the same way.

If US version of CRV Touring provided with Panoramic sun roof & heated steering wheel then I would have brought the Touring rather EXL model. I think lot of people would.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We are talking about 2017 model... just to be sure here.... cause blind spot is on all EX and above... I'm sure of that.
DavidQC is correct.

The Canadian 2017 models ONLY have blind spot detection in the Touring model.
In the U.S. EX and higher has it. (lucky you).

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The blind spot detection uses two radar units located in the rear bumper to detect vehicles. The mirrors just contain the indicator leds.

There are several aftermarket BSM systems out there.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I would not assume that the wiring is in the LX for the EX and above mirrors. I would think that if it was there then Honda would be offering the mirrors as an add on accessory.
Contraire. Have you seen installation instructions of Honda Electronic Accessories? They have you take the entire car apart and wire new harness all over it. Heated Steering Wheel, Door Sills, rear sensors, etc.

I doubt that what you are trying to accomplish is a straight forward as you think. You'll need the sensors on both sides of the car, the mirrors just have a little light that displays information about the sensors. You also neee to find a way to wire stuff to the little speaker that beeps. Sounds expensive, invasive, and frankly probably not worth doing.

Since we can't bitch about you buying an LX over an EX, can you tell us why an Lx was a better choice for you? Considering that you want EX features on your LX it sounds to me that you preferred the non-turbo drive train, which is an awesome drive train (K24).

·
Registered
653 Posts
...can you tell us why an Lx was a better choice for you? Considering that you want EX features on your LX it sounds to me that you preferred the non-turbo drive train, which is an awesome drive train (K24).
I am one of those who really wanted an LX -- it was enough car for me, but after driving it, I was very disappointed. The ride was very "bouncy" and uncomfortable. Looking back, I wonder if the difference is that the suspension is engineered for the 18" tires, or perhaps the tires were over-inflated on the LX? I went back the next day and drove the EX -- what a world of difference! After having it a while, I am thankful that I got the EX -- especially due to the poor line of sight out of the rear quarter panels and smaller hatch window. Never appreciated the safety monitors until I had them.

Plus: I'm having fun playing with all the gadgets :cool:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went for the LX cause the price difference for the extra was not worth it for me. I wanted dual zone, keyless and remote starter. But most of all the fake wood of the EX and higher was really turning me off... having to get in everday looking at that ugly look made my decision easy. But the blind spot in the mirror is a safety feature that should be standard from my point of view...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts