Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the blind spot indicators lighting up out of the blue and staying on? This past week it has happened several times with the passenger side one staying on. I can tell you when you slow down below 20 mph it will go out and come back on at 20 mph. Turning off the vehicle and restarting will correct it. Maybe wet taillights and mirrors from rain will cause this?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with the blind spot indicators lighting up out of the blue and staying on? This past week it has happened several times with the passenger side one staying on. I can tell you when you slow down below 20 mph it will go out and come back on at 20 mph. Turning off the vehicle and restarting will correct it. Maybe wet taillights and mirrors from rain will cause this?
Visit your local Honda dealer and inform them of this. They have the tools and equipment to check this out and you have a warranty that will pay them to do so.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Visit your local Honda dealer and inform them of this. They have the tools and equipment to check this out and you have a warranty that will pay them to do so.
I understand about the warranty, I was just curious if it is something that others have had happen on their vehicle due to rainy weather or frost or anything. Just had wondered if it was common or just a fluke with mine. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had mine occasionally come on but they don't stay on. It seems to only happen when the vehicle is not fully warmed up. It seems random but when it does happen, it only comes on for about 1 second. I sometimes wonder if it is false detecting something on the side of the road. It works 100% fine with actual vehicles. I just notice on occasion the quick blink that comes on from one of them.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I understand about the warranty, I was just curious if it is something that others have had happen on their vehicle due to rainy weather or frost or anything. Just had wondered if it was common or just a fluke with mine. Thanks
We had a heavy rainstorm and my blind spot indicators were constantly going off on the driver's side (where the wind was blowing heavy rain against that side. They'd go off for a few seconds, then reset. I haven't had them falsely stay on for any period of time.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have had mine occasionally come on but they don't stay on. It seems to only happen when the vehicle is not fully warmed up. It seems random but when it does happen, it only comes on for about 1 second. I sometimes wonder if it is false detecting something on the side of the road. It works 100% fine with actual vehicles. I just notice on occasion the quick blink that comes on from one of them.
Same here, usually first thing in the morning when the car's not warmed up, usually only notice it on the drivers side mirror.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies, it hasn't happened again this week yet. I'll keep a watch on it but it does seem the weather plays a factor and at least I know others have had it come on randomly as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2017 CRV Touring - seems to only happen on drivers side. Most often when first starting out, but last night on a highway for an hour in left lane, nothing to my left, clear weather it went off and stayed on for about a 1/4 mile. Have noticed in rain it occurs more often.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts