Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to get the BSM to work below 20 MPH? I often drive in NYC, where it would be very, very useful. I'm not sure why Honda decided to disable this feature below 20 mph, it seems arbitrary. I'm sure there is a way to modify it with a software setting, does anyone know if that's an accessible setting? (like Toyota Techstream, which lets you customize many features) .

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I think the algorithms that determine that a moving object is approaching/in your blind spot simply don't work well below a certain speed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The system may work better at higher speeds, but I've driven several cars with BSM that worked fine at very low speeds, including most of the CR-V's competition. Certainly far better than nothing. I don't understand why Honda can't or won't take the needs of urban drivers into consideration.

·
Registered
294 Posts
When I had BSM below 20 it would drive me crazy when there were two left or right hand turn lanes. My blinker is on so all that came up in the other lane caused a beep beep beep.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I wouldn't care if it worked below 20 mph for those of you who want it, but I would like it to be an optional setting because it would drive me nuts in city traffic. I assume in city traffic something is always in my blind spot.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Is there any way to get the BSM to work below 20 MPH? I often drive in NYC, where it would be very, very useful. I'm not sure why Honda decided to disable this feature below 20 mph, it seems arbitrary. I'm sure there is a way to modify it with a software setting, does anyone know if that's an accessible setting? (like Toyota Techstream, which lets you customize many features) .
For me it is also a safety thing- if the light is on- than I know somebody is in my blindspot. Now I have think if I am going over 20 miles or if nobody is in blind spot etc- so I end doing shoulder check when I am driving in the city, I guess that is safest way. But still wish light came on if somebody is in blind spot irrespective of speed etc.

·
Registered
399 Posts
10 mph limit for BSM I think is a good idea... 20 mph is too high. Also one can turn off the beeping warning when you turn your turn signal light if it bothers you.

Will Honda fix this? I have observed that most cars' BSM works at 10 and even 5 mph... why not Honda's?

·
Registered
399 Posts
When I had BSM below 20 it would drive me crazy when there were two left or right hand turn lanes. My blinker is on so all that came up in the other lane caused a beep beep beep.
I think you can turn off the beep warning on the CRV... but then again CRV's BSM stops working below 20 mph which I hope they will fix and bring it down to at lease 10 mph....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts