Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the Blind Spot Monitoring on my CRV 2018 is not working. When I checked the infotainment screen to turn it on at Settings->vehicle -> Driver assist, I don't see an option to turn Blind Spot Monitoring on. ANy idea what is going wrong?

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
7,571 Posts
Is it a feature your car has?

You dont say what trim/model it is.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
231 Posts
I noticed that the Blind Spot Monitoring on my CRV 2018 is not working. When I checked the infotainment screen to turn it on at Settings->vehicle -> Driver assist, I don't see an option to turn Blind Spot Monitoring on. ANy idea what is going wrong?
Maybe this will help you

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,040 Posts
Oh, I can see the marking on the driver-side rearview mirror. That is why I got confused. Thank you for the clarification.
Honda probably uses the exact same mirror assembly for all trim levels, except maybe for the LX due to a lower paint trim.

What matters is what trim levels in Canada actually come with blind spot monitoring. And as TheDarkKnight found for you.. your trim does not have that feature.

I bet you have the right hand camera in the right side mirror though as that was what Honda used to use for right hand blind spot monitoring before they moved to the right/left sensor alert approach. If so, then it gives you full camera blind spot monitoring for your right hand side. No such camera for the left side, as Honda did not want owners being confused about right from left when changing lanes. I know.. right? Who would not know right from left? Guess what.. it only takes a hand full of drivers to create a nightmare out of this if there were cameras on both sides. And as they say.. it takes all kinds to make a village. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honda probably uses the exact same mirror assembly for all trim levels, except maybe for the LX due to a lower paint trim.

What matters is what trim levels in Canada actually come with blind spot monitoring. And as TheDarkKnight found for you.. your trim does not have that feature.

I bet you have the right hand camera in the right side mirror though as that was what Honda used to use for right hand blind spot monitoring before they moved to the right/left sensor alert approach. If so, then it gives you full camera blind spot monitoring for your right hand side. No such camera for the left side, as Honda did not want owners being confused about right from left when changing lanes. I know.. right? Who would not know right from left? Guess what.. it only takes a hand full of drivers to create a nightmare out of this if there were cameras on both sides. And as they say.. it takes all kinds to make a village. :)
Haha. You are right I have a camera on the right mirror. I also thought why there is no camera on the left mirror though :) I was about to call the dealer to tell them that my Blindspot info system has some complaints. Luckily I found this forum and people like you. Now that it is confirmed, I shall shoulder-check. Thank you for your response.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,095 Posts
Haha. You are right I have a camera on the right mirror. I also thought why there is no camera on the left mirror though :) I was about to call the dealer to tell them that my Blindspot info system has some complaints. Luckily I found this forum and people like you. Now that it is confirmed, I shall shoulder-check. Thank you for your response.
We are happy to have helped! Lots of great folks here!

Reactions: sudeepsn
1 - 10 of 10 Posts