Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The range of the BSM in my 2018 CRV does not sense a vehicle not till is too late.
The light goes on when the other vehicle's front bumper is next to my rear bumper (way too close). Someone could be literally on my back bumper, and i wouldn't get a light.

I had many vehicles with the BSM and the light comes on way before a vehicle reaches my rear bumper.

My other current vehicle is a 2017 Mazda CX5 and it works really well. The light comes on about a length of a car before it reaches my rear bumper.
And if I'm in the highway, and driving let's say at 60 MPH, and another car passes me at a fast pace, let's say 75 MPH, the BSM will go on much earlier, like two car lengths before it reaches my rear bumper.
So I guess it adjust itself depending on the speed of other vehicles.

I drove the current 2019 Subaru Forester and a 2018 BMW X1 and they work really well too.
A 2018 Rav4 and even the 2019 system works better.

Anyone experiencing this issue?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
As I understand it, the blind spot monitoring is designed to do just that, monitor when a vehicle is IN your blindspot, NOT tell you when it is OK to change lanes. If you can see it in your center or side view mirror, it is NOT in your blind spot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
As I understand it, the blind spot monitoring is designed to do just that, monitor when a vehicle is IN your blindspot, NOT tell you when it is OK to change lanes. If you can see it in your center or side view mirror, it is NOT in your blind spot.
And I assume your RDX works the same way correct?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like it that way, so when the light is on, it means there is a vehicle in my blind spot, that i might potentially hit if I turn... isn't that what it is for? vehicle in your "blind spot" that you can't see with your rear view and side mirrors?

There is no point of it telling me there is a car in the next lane that I can see in my side or rear view mirror.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I don't want BSM alerting me about things I can see out my mirrors. I'm aware of those things already and wouldn't be signaling for a lane change if they were a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts