Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out for a day ride on my motorcycle, and when I pulled into the garage beside our CR-V, I noticed a blinking red dashboard light I've never seen before. I got the fob and as soon as I opened the door it stopped.

When I exit, a small red light on the fob blinks but not the dashboard. As soon as it locks, the fob stops blinking and the red dashboard light comes on.

I can't see any icon, because it stops as soon as the door opens. I've looked in the Owner's and User's Manual (I have PDF versions) and googled without success.

What is it? (I'd think it could be the anti-theft light but it's never done that for 20 months...)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,166 Posts
I was out for a day ride on my motorcycle, and when I pulled into the garage beside our CR-V, I noticed a blinking red dashboard light I've never seen before. I got the fob and as soon as I opened the door it stopped.

When I exit, a small red light on the fob blinks but not the dashboard. As soon as it locks, the fob stops blinking and the red dashboard light comes on.

I can't see any icon, because it stops as soon as the door opens. I've looked in the Owner's and User's Manual (I have PDF versions) and googled without success.

What is it? (I'd think it could be the anti-theft light but it's never done that for 20 months...)

Yes, it's the security active lamp. You have just never noticed it before.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it's the security active lamp. You have just never noticed it before.
Thanks, what you've circled is where the light is. But we've had this car 10 months - I am certain it's never blinked before. It's so obvious that there's no way it could be missed for the hundreds of times walking up to the car. So I guess the real question is why it didn't blink before :-O

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts

Traylaws post is exactly correct.

And an extra thumbs up for Traylaw for always being helpful and on top of questions like this. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
It is definitely the security indicator, but it is only activated when you lock the vehicle and set the alarm. Since you park in a garage you probably never locked and armed the system before.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is definitely the security indicator, but it is only activated when you lock the vehicle and set the alarm. Since you park in a garage you probably never locked and armed the system before.
It looks like the alarm is set automatically when the car is off and locked. Do people really keep their cars unlocked even in a garage?

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
It looks like the alarm is set automatically when the car is off and locked. Do people really keep their cars unlocked even in a garage?
I never deliberately lock my cars in the garage. It's a garage with locked doors.. so no worries. Sometimes one of our Hondas gets locked due to someone accidentally pushing the lock button on the keyfob though.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Security system light.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,127 Posts
do you have an LX model?
I noticed this red light at the dealer one day, when looking at a loaner a person waiting on their vehicle, was using.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, what you've circled is where the light is. But we've had this car 10 months - I am certain it's never blinked before. It's so obvious that there's no way it could be missed for the hundreds of times walking up to the car. So I guess the real question is why it didn't blink before :-O

I agree with you. I've had the same thing with my 2018 AWD Touring. The light didn't blink until maybe a year after I bought the car new. And, I always lock it even when it's in my attached garage. :unsure:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Of course I lock the car. Always. That's a silly assumption.

Sent from my Samsung Tab A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you have an LX model?
I noticed this red light at the dealer one day, when looking at a loaner a person waiting on their vehicle, was using.
Touring. The behavior is now consistent and follows the behavior described in the manual.

Sent from my Samsung Tab A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
Actually I don't lock any of my 2 cars in my garage. Someone would have to either break open my steel garage door or break the side door of the garage (highly unlikely). Besides, I've got more valuable stuff in my garage than my vehicles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Actually I don't lock any of my 2 cars in my garage. Someone would have to either break open my steel garage door or break the side door of the garage (highly unlikely). Besides, I've got more valuable stuff in my garage than my vehicles.
Nor do I. Never have when parked in an attached garage, despite living in numerous states and in both low and high(er) crime areas. This is all a matter of personal preference and definitely NOT worth a flame war. It was a decent and not uncommon question and has been answered.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nor do I. Never have when parked in an attached garage, despite living in numerous states and in both low and high(er) crime areas. This is all a matter of personal preference and definitely NOT worth a flame war. It was a decent and not uncommon question and has been answered.
Thanks for the answer. I guess my thinking was different since I only had a garage as a kid and there was no lock on it so anyone could just open it up.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Touring AWD
61 Posts
Sorry to bring up an old post but, ...., I've owned my 2019 Touring CR-V since August 2019 and never saw the blinking red light until this morning. Atttached low crime area, so I rarely lock the V, but sometimes happens by accident. I was unaware that the V had an immobilizer or such, and my insurance company has my V designated as no alarm system/immobilizer. Guess I have a lot of reading to see what I really have. No sense contacting Honda in Erie, PA, they don't seem to be able to answer much.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
3,669 Posts
Our CR-V and our RDX have the walk away auto lock, so are both usually locked in our garage, unnecessarily. We really like this feature, so we never bother to turn the setting to "off". Once in a while, I will go out to the garage to get something out of one of the cars without the fob in my pocket, that ALWAYS is a frustration, but I bring it on myself. Haha

·
Registered
2019 CRV EXL
115 Posts
I haven't noticed the light on my CRV in the month I've owned it yet but I have always seen it blinking in my Accord. I have no doubt that the same thing happens in my CRV.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts