Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI,
I have a 2010 CRV
A couple of days ago my blower fan worked fine but now it won't turn on, the plug has voltage but drops to 0 as soon as I plug it in (the fan moves just a little bit) and returns when unplugged again.
The blower will not work on any setting.
When I test voltage at the plug it remains the same regardless of the fan switch setting high or low
I have unplugged the transistor and there is no voltage at all at the fan plug.
I have checked the fuse and the relay and swapped the relay.
I plugged in another 12v fan and it did the same thing so at this point I am assuming it is not the fan, transistor, relay or fuse.
my last suspect is the fan switch but not sure how to check
Before I buy a new switch has anyone got any suggestions

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
sounds like the transistor is bad ,the variable speed varies 5v to the transistor then the transistor controls 12v- negative side ,if its loosing the positive side power it may be in the relay in the under hood fuse box,pdf below

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like the transistor is bad ,the variable speed varies 5v to the transistor then the transistor controls 12v- negative side ,if its loosing the positive side power it may be in the relay in the under hood fuse box,pdf below
Thanks for replying
If it was the transistor, wouldn't I have the blower working at top speed, the transistor has ohms when checked but im not sure. how can I check??

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
448 Posts
the ground should be the green wire at the blower,to answer the question about the voltage dropping when the load is connected yes that's normal if the resistance is high but remember the transistor controls the ground side so jumping ground to the green wire will tell what side is dropping the positive or negative ,just like current through a resistor the voltage will drop with a load and show full voltage with no load

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dave,
I went through the diagnostics and it would seem the resistor is bad so I changed it but still have the same problem nothing has changed. Any other ideas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts