Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. It was -30 here this morning and the 2005 CRV wouldn't start. Got the typical clicking sound of a dead battery. Not really a problem but the idiot that tried to give me a boost hooked up the cables to the wrong terminal. Lots of sparks and then nothing, no lights, sounds, nothing.

Is there a typical fuse I should check first? It's dark right now and tough to see an obvious blown one. Is my battery toast too?

I'm resigned to the fact I will need a new battery, any suggestions for a good one?
Cheers.
Don

·
Registered
256 Posts
The main fuse in the underhood fuse box will blow if the battery is jumped backwards. Call around trying to find one, as most dealerships probably won't stock one. I took to keeping 80A and 100A main fuses in my tool box so I could fix customer vehicles on the day that they came in rather than wait for special order parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main fuse in the underhood fuse box will blow if the battery is jumped backwards. Call around trying to find one, as most dealerships probably won't stock one. I took to keeping 80A and 100A main fuses in my tool box so I could fix customer vehicles on the day that they came in rather than wait for special order parts.
Hey, thanks for your help. You nailed it, it was the 100A block fuse that went. You were also right that no one had it in stock, it was a special order. I had to beg the dealer to get it overnight, but they did.

I ended up buying a Honda battery too. I wished batteries lasted longer these days, oh well. All is well again. Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts