Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I look in the rear view mirror of our CRV (2017 EX), the headlights of cars behind me look like they have a blue halo around them. Is this normal, or something wrong with the mirror?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It may be an unintended effect of the privacy glass tint. If you turn to look directly out the back, do you see the same thing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its auto dimming. Something must be wrong with it. Actually the first time I noticed it I thought it was an unmarked police car behind me. I don't have any aftermarket tint on the rear window so that's not it.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,086 Posts
I've noticed this effect on two of the four cars I've owned with auto-dimming mirrors. :rolleyes: :Dunno:

Hopefully, 'You'll get used to it".

If it annoys you too much, bring it to the dealer (after dark). Ask to drive another new CR-V with that mirror. If that car is better, ask them to fix it (probably would required to replace the mirror).

PS: Glare or halos around light sources at night, can be the first indication of cataracts. :geezer:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cataracts/symptoms-causes/syc-20353790

1 - 7 of 7 Posts