Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I listen to audio books on my smartphone and want to play them thru my CR-V Bluetooth system. Sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't work at all. I know my phone is hooked up to the CR-V Bluetooth system because the CR-V display indicates it is and also I lose my audio on the phone when connected to Bluetooth. The telephone function with Bluetooth works fine all the time on the hands free system.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
sorry, not clear of the issue..

·
Registered
515 Posts
A bit more detail if you want any helpful advice.
What kind of smart phone?
What year, model V?
What do you mean by "sometimes it works fine and other times it doesn't work at all"?
Are you using "Audible" or another form?
What have you done to troubleshoot or fix the problem when it occurs?
Have your attempts, if any, fixed the problem?
When the problem occurs have you tried using another app, etc. ie music, podcast, etc. to see if they work or limited to the audio book app?
Perhaps it is a smart phone or app issue rather than the V.

You say your phone system works fine so the signal path is clear and functioning at least with regards to that function of BT so I'd guess the signal path is consistent regardless of the activity.

I generally prefer Car Play but at times I don't and use the BT function on my iphone 7+ with my '17 V EX. I've had no problems at all playing Audible audio books, listening to podcasts or music.

I'm not a big fan of using BT. My biggest complaint is lack of ability to access other forms of entertainment on the smart phone using the V's display screen...unlike Car Play. Perhaps I'm missing something that gives me access to what is on my phone?

Good luck...answer the questions and give us a lot more information if you expect any useful help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts