Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently (January 17) traded in our 2012 CRV EX for a 2016 SE. We are having issues with connectivity on both my android and my wife's phone.

1 -- automatic pairing happens inconsistently. Turning car on, sometimes a phone will connect while others we have to manually pair using the display menu of vehicle. Sometimes, it will not connect even when attempting to manually pair.

2 -- disconnecting/reconnecting. When connected, phones will sometimes connect and reconnect while driving. Sometimes this is just the phone functions, sometimes just the audio functions over bluetooth, but often it's both. Very irritating

3 -- phones enter private mode and "transfer" displayed on touch screen. Pressing "transfer" does nothing. Phone call transferred to the handset.

Here's what I've done:

1 - returned to dealer for help within the 1st week. Unplugged battery to attempt reset of system. Repaired phones. Fix only lasted the drive home.

2 - performed a factory reset found in the system settings. Deleted HFL from device list on phones. Repaired. This lasted until the car was restarted.

3 -- performed factory resets on both phones. Performed another factory reset on the CRV's system. Repaired phones. Problem persists.

4 -- called the service department at local Honda. They blamed my phones and made me feel like I'm the only one with these issues. According to CRV OC, and the internet, I am not.

Has anyone with similar bluetooth and HFL issues resolved? Is there a particular TSB # I need to cite in order to receive a firmware update from the service department? What are the magic words?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a new 2017 CRV-EX-L. My Z10 blackberry phone will not work properly. It pairs ok but the sound is all garbled when connecting with your party. The dial tone is also a terrible sound when calling and hooked up through Bluetooth and the CRV. The dealer said the new CRV only supports android based and Apple based system. All I want to do is use the phone in my car, this is ridiculous. Any suggestions. It worked perfectly in my 2012 CRV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Might help if you list the actual phone(s) you're trying to use. We've had perfect operation with our iPhone 7+ phones.
In my 2017 touring CR-V using iPhone 7+ latest iOS I do have issues with private mode. It happens when using Google or Apple Maps and sending the guidance audio via HondaLink HFL. It connects a few times with no problem, then I see Private Mode flash on the display and boom, no more connected audio. So yes there are issues with iPhone 7+ and HFL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts