Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2014 CRV LX. Got my Samsung S7 paired. Have made and received calls in the car.
But since pairing the phone Google Maps has no voice / turn by turn directions ON MY PHONE.
Not talking about through the car speakers. No sound from my phone.
Yes I checked the volume and settings on my phone.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 CRV EX and a Samsung S7. I had the same issues as well, but I found a workaround. When my phone was connected to bluetooth, I couldn't get google maps audio to come through my phone or the car speakers. I also didn't know how to play music from other apps on my car speakers. I like to listen to audiobooks, podcasts, and Spotify (not just Pandora).

My workaround is to turn on Pandora first. Then Google Maps will come through your car speakers, automatically pausing your music for a few seconds each time to tell you directions. Google maps will NOT interrupt my car speakers if I am playing FM/AM radio though. I have to use Pandora first.

This is also how I play other audio from my phone. It works for Spotify, audiobook apps, and podcasts for me. I make sure Pandora is playing on my car speakers first and then I turn on Spotify (or another audio app). This automatically pauses Pandora and starts playing Spotify. It also works if you manually pause Pandora on your CRV touch screen and then hit play on Spotify on your phone. Unfortunately, the CRV touch screen still displays the paused Pandora (not Spotify or whatever app you're using on your phone). This doesn't bother me though.

This has been the easiest way for me to play audio without installing any special audio cords, figuring out how to install apps on the CRV Link thing, and I don't need to press buttons to go into the hidden settings every time I start my car to make my phone screen show up on the touch screen.

If you don't want the google maps audio to go through your car speakers at all, the only way I found to do that is to unlink your phone from the CRV. That means no bluetooth calls in the car though. I have played with my phone settings too and haven't found another way. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I just bought a 2014 CRV LX. Got my Samsung S7 paired. Have made and received calls in the car.
But since pairing the phone Google Maps has no voice / turn by turn directions ON MY PHONE.
Not talking about through the car speakers. No sound from my phone.
Yes I checked the volume and settings on my phone.

Any other ideas?
You need to uncheck this in the navigation settings in Google maps.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts