Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 CRV EX-L and enjoying it very much. When we purchased the vehicle the salesman did a good job of showing us the features and options, including the audio system. I didn't have any trouble in pairing my Android phone to the system and it works well. Recently I thought I would see if I could pair my bluetooth headphones so I could listen to the radio without disturbing other passengers, but I have not been successful with that.

I didn't find anything on this in the manual, so I'm guessing it can't be done. I assume the bluetooth connection is only "one-way" per se, allowing the unit to receive the audio (call or music) from the phone, but not sending out the radio music to other devices like headphones.

One other thing. I don't recall seeing one, but does the audio system have a 3.5 mm audio jack that I could connect headphones?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
No audio jack on '15 and newer. Don't know about the Bluetooth headset compatibility.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've not heard of any car system doing this. I would imagine the manufacturers would discourage headphone use for liability reasons.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Headphones

First, thanks for the responses.

I was hoping that I could listen to talk radio, which my wife doesn't care for at all. While I don't care for the earbuds for the phones, headphones work well with them. Maybe I was thinking of laws that require truckers to be "hands free" for both phone and their CB radio, and they clearly utilize headphone/mic headsets.

I try to be a very responsible driver. While I do usually answer a phone call using the audio system, which is hands free, I just will not do any texting at all. I know the system will allow me to "read" the text in a audible version, but I just wait.

I sometimes wonder why we see ads showing us how dangerous and illegal distracted driving is (texting, phone calls, video, etc), and I agree that it is dangerous, yet the manufactures continue developing systems that not only allow, but also encourage or even require their use for communications. I see both sides, yet these two ideas seem to be in conflict. I feel certain that the technology is available to the manufactures that would prevent texting while the vehicle is moving, much like certain features of the audio systems are not available when the vehicle is in motion, or in some cases in gear. But at the same time, I'm not sure that I want Congress telling us what we can or can't do with our vehicles or phones, two things which most Americans are passionate about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Headphones

I was hoping that I could listen to talk radio, which my wife doesn't care for at all. While I don't care for the earbuds for the phones, headphones work well with them. Maybe I was thinking of laws that require truckers to be "hands free" for both phone and their CB radio, and they clearly utilize headphone/mic headsets.

I try to be a very responsible driver. While I do usually answer a phone call using the audio system, which is hands free, I just will not do any texting at all. I know the system will allow me to "read" the text in a audible version, but I just wait.

I sometimes wonder why we see ads showing us how dangerous and illegal distracted driving is (texting, phone calls, video, etc), and I agree that it is dangerous, yet the manufactures continue developing systems that not only allow, but also encourage or even require their use for communications. I see both sides, yet these two ideas seem to be in conflict. I feel certain that the technology is available to the manufactures that would prevent texting while the vehicle is moving, much like certain features of the audio systems are not available when the vehicle is in motion, or in some cases in gear. But at the same time, I'm not sure that I want Congress telling us what we can or can't do with our vehicles or phones, two things which most Americans are passionate about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1 - 8 of 8 Posts