Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything we can do about this? Even upgrading the head unit?

My mom has a 2015 CR-V LX and there’s a good 1.5-3 second lag when using Bluetooth. I’ve missed several turns today because I’m getting Apple Map’s directions right as I’m passing the street.

If we go over USB in we run in to a couple other issues (forgot what, but I just keep it with BT).

There’s no lag on my Accord using a USA-Spec BT-45-HON3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
No. Unfixable. It's a design flaw in the Bluetooth radio module.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if we can fix it ourselves?

I remember some guys upgraded/fixed a WiFi/BT card in some older Macs to give them new features. Maybe we can change out the BT receiver or card or something, if we can find the right one.

Do other Hondas or Acuras have this issue? I don’t think I can deal with this on a daily driver. I can’t; I won’t.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The only solution is complete head unit replacement. You might want to check if there's an add-on available but I doubt.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
This being new to me (my 2014 ex-l has little if any lag), research indicates many many diff mfg vehicles have this issue, to lesser or even greater degrees.

Would a head unit swap fix it? One would certainly hope so, especially if it were an Alpine or Kenwood etc (big bucks)... Another option to try (way less $) might be one of these in 'receiver mode';

TaoTronics

Do you have an Aux input? Then this would work (others have both Aux and RCA jacks). I have a 'somewhat' similar set up for my TV, uses bluetooth transmitter and headphones - absolutely no perceptible audio lag.

I, too, would be very annoyed with the latent direction information. That's something I'd have to fix.

cheers

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
My experience is only related to the 2VN3 navigation head unit. The regular radio might be fine.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Also adding info, my nav head unit, which seems to have almost zero lag, is the 9AN2. There may be slight lag when pressing screen for next song using bt, but using bt with google maps, direction info comes across quite a bit before turns.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Also adding info, my nav head unit, which seems to have almost zero lag, is the 9AN2. There may be slight lag when pressing screen for next song using bt, but using bt with google maps, direction info comes across quite a bit before turns.
That’s the MY2015 model.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
Is this an Android and iOS issue?

Good question, wondering same...

Have read though that some have used the exact same phone in one vehicle, good results, but bad results in a diff vehicle.

That still doesn't necessarily prove anything, I guess. My phone is an android with developer options enabled, allows choosing which bt protocols to use etc etc. Does that have anything to do with my results? Not sure...

One idea to test amount of lag, definitively, use the phone by itself (in car) for navigation (no bt connection). Then connect via bt to head unit and drive to the same place with nav. Take note of when specific directions for turning are given via both. If the phone alone is good, then at least that can be eliminated and be certain the problem is the BT connection / protocols in use.

cheers

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
137 Posts
That’s the MY2015 model.

Definitely from my 2014 ex-l. I think that # is for the display itself, not sure. And it does seem to be on some of the 2015 pics I've seen on ebay. It may be that whats behind the faceplate is identical, not sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One idea to test amount of lag, definitively, use the phone by itself (in car) for navigation (no bt connection). Then connect via bt to head unit and drive to the same place with nav. Take note of when specific directions for turning are given via both. If the phone alone is good, then at least that can be eliminated and be certain the problem is the BT connection / protocols in use.
I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this since it’s my mom’s car. In my Accord, there’s absolutely no lag. Same with her car connected via USB. But connecting via USB doesn’t send notifications and I get this weird issue where iPhone switches between USB and BT on its own.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Definitely from my 2014 ex-l. I think that # is for the display itself, not sure. And it does seem to be on some of the 2015 pics I've seen on ebay. It may be that whats behind the faceplate is identical, not sure.
Mine's the same, labeled 2VN3.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts