Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far, text messaging over bluetooth has been working great for me using an iPhone4s running the iOS6 betas. Unfortunately, as of the GM release version (which is generally the final version released to the public), it no longer works.. When I get a text message, nothing comes up on the Navi screen or HFL prompt and when I go into the phone settings (within the Navi phone setup area) and select text messages, it gives an error that it's not supported. Again, this all worked fine for me with the betas.

I tried removing (on the HFL and on the phone) and re-pairing, but the result is the same.

Anyone else running iOS6 have this working?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Odd. It started working again for me this weekend. The only thing I changed was to set message notifications to show as a alerts rather than banners. I can't see why that should matter, but I'll try to set it back to banners and see if it breaks again..

Anyway, good to know text messages will work. Replying doesn't seem to be an option though, only receiving, but that's all I really would care about anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting, I've also noticed that facebook notifications show up on the Navi. I'm not sure which apps support it but it appears others that uses MAP profile may work also? I know that email doesn't

·
Registered
102 Posts
Os6 seems to work if you turn on the "show notifications" on in the Bluetooth settings for the device. Worked for me today for the first time, actually read the message on the radio. Text Font Line Technology Screenshot

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1 Posts
Goonie, many thanks for this screenshot. It has resolved two questions I had about using my iPhone 4 (IOS6) with the CR-V 2013 navigation system: how to enable text messages to display and read in the car, and how to synch the phone without importing all my contacts. I had been searching the internet for the past 2 days on how to display text messages and how to avoid synching the entire address book with the car. I wasn't able to reply to the texts, though. Any idea how to enable that?

Cff: I was able to display texts in the car using either banners or alerts in the iPhone notifications settings for messages.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. I did this today and it works perfectly! The lady reads it a little fast, and you can't text out even when stopped, but as far as receiving texts and reading them it now works.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing...I have an iphone 5 and can only read/playback my texts messages, nothing else.
I'm wondering as well...now that iOS 7 is out, it's still a problem.

2012 CR-V EX-L, iPhone 5S, iOS 7.0.4.

Don

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is from the Honda Handsfreelink website: the iphone 5 on ATT has no ability to send SMS/text from the car's system, only directly from the phone.
Text Font Technology Paper Electronic device

·
Registered
717 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.