Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2007 CRV 2.2cdti Executive model.

I am having problems with a serious battery drain which has resulted in me needing a jumps start earlier this week.

Battery has been tested and good, Alternator tested and is also charging as it should. Assumption is a battery drain.

I disconnected the battery and put a multimeter in line set at 10A and it shows a reading of 0.23

First port of call was to check the A/C Relay but no change in the battery draw.

Eventually pulled the "i backup" fuse and the reading dropped to 0.02 - Think I have found a possible source.

I believe this fuse serves a number of circuits but one in particular the bluetooth module. I have read else where a faulty bluetooth module is a common source of battery drain. Mine has been intermittent for about 6 months and has no longer workesd at all for the last few weeks. The plan is to disconnect the module and see how this impacts the battery drain.

Only problem is I dont know where to start looking for the module.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Any help / advice greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Oh, my bad - Sorry, I don't speak English... I'm American :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??? Not sure what you mean but thanks anyway.

Anyone else got any idea where they hide the hft bluetooth module?

·
Registered
704 Posts
??? Not sure what you mean but thanks anyway.
Anyone else got any idea where they hide the hft bluetooth module?
You already answered your own question. Go to the link you provided above and expand the model listings down to the executive model then click on nav system. Zoom all the way into the diagram with the "+" and scroll to the car pic in the lower left - it shows the HFT module behind the console shroud directly below the nav unit about 8 inches up from the floor. Here is the page....

http://www.partsbase.org/honda/cr-v-i-ctdi-2007-ks-5-doors-2-2-executive-6mt-electrical-equipments-exhaust-heater-b-11-20-navigation-system-lh/#p-honda-39770swae01

(PS: ignore my bad joke about speaking "American" - I was just saying the "Executive" is a UK model. I had never heard of it before. We have LX, EX, and EX-L variants over hear.)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Duplicate post deleted...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the feedback. Will set about tjis task later today.

I had an inclination that was the location but did not want to start removing trim if not required. Looks pretty simple.

Much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think I have fixed the problem.

Tested the battery draw and again it say at 0.22 on a multimeter set at 10A so problem still the same as yesterday.

Removed the bottom console trim at the drivers side - 2 pop connectors.

I could not see the bluetooth module but there was a small box, looking very like it just tucked in below the console trim that shrouds the gear stick. Using a pair of pliers I gently removed the connector.

Back to the battery and the multimeter now shows a reading of 0.01.

Left the HFT disconnected and returned everything else to normal. Took a test drive and all seems perfect. All electrical's back working with the obvious exception of the HFT.

£1100 ($1600 usd) is the dealer supply only cost if I want replace the HFT module. At those costs I think I can live without it;)

I will check again tomorrow before cancelling the no doubt expensive auto electrician I had booked for Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i think i have the same problem with the HFT on my CRV, did it cure your problem with battery drain?

Also can you just clarify the location of the Bluetooth module please!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, i think i have the same problem with the HFT on my CRV, did it cure your problem with battery drain?

Also can you just clarify the location of the Bluetooth module please!
Yes, it fixed the problem.

To access it, remove the trim section lowest to the floor under the gearstick on the side closest to the drivers side of the centre console. You can then reach up inside the trim and pull the connector plug on the bluetooth module. This should stop the battery drain.

Still not got round to replacing the module.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2007 CRV had the same issue. Battery had a constant drain of 600mA. Disconnected the Hands free unit and it disappeared! So this sure is the fix in some cases at least. HFT unit is behind the center panel but you can get to the connector at least by popping off the drivers side kick panel. What a difficult fault to find. Thanks for all of the above for posting!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi - I tried to access the link to partsbase - but getting a domain error -do you have pdf which you can post for 2008 EX model?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, it fixed the problem.

To access it, remove the trim section lowest to the floor under the gearstick on the side closest to the drivers side of the centre console. You can then reach up inside the trim and pull the connector plug on the bluetooth module. This should stop the battery drain.

Still not got round to replacing the module.
Could you please take a picture off it i cant find it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, I have found the bluetooth module on a 2009 CRV. It is low-down on the mid consule, on the passengers side. You have to remove the cover by the passengers left foot. You will see the plug connector, the module itself is still hidden behind the central cover, which I couldn't be bothered to remove. I just unplugged it. I had a battery drain problem, too, and I hope this cures it. My bluetooth stopped working abot 3 months ago.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Around here I would go to a wrecking yard and get a used one. Some yards will let you bring your own tools and pull it yourself. Then, if it doesn't work, they will let you exchange it/try again. Or I would look on eBay. Get the actual part number off your part and do an eBay search. TFT Bluetooth unit. I googled this for a US car, and found some from wrecking yards for $85. In the US Bluetooth was not available in '07. I think the first year it was an option was either '08 or '09. No idea if the TFT unit would be the same here, so check part numbers, but for those years they are available from Honda here for $237 new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Many thanks for this info, I've recently bought an '08 CRV and couldn't figure out the battery drain. I thought my bluetooth was faulty as I couldn't connect but thought it might have been due to newer phones possibly being non-compatible with older bluetooth equipment.
I'd never have located the module without this thread, it was still a bit of a wotsit to locate. I had 0.2 amps drain which would run down the battery over a few days, unplug the bluetooth module, straightaway 0.01 amps, so I think I'm sorted!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 2007 CRV had the same issue. Battery had a constant drain of 600mA. Disconnected the Hands free unit and it disappeared! So this sure is the fix in some cases at least. HFT unit is behind the center panel but you can get to the connector at least by popping off the drivers side kick panel. What a difficult fault to find. Thanks for all of the above for posting!
I have the same issue. is there any video or diagram to show where is it? I can't open the diagram above as the link is expired being there for 9 years now

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello, I have found the bluetooth module on a 2009 CRV. It is low-down on the mid consule, on the passengers side. You have to remove the cover by the passengers left foot. You will see the plug connector, the module itself is still hidden behind the central cover, which I couldn't be bothered to remove. I just unplugged it. I had a battery drain problem, too, and I hope this cures it. My bluetooth stopped working abot 3 months ago.
Was it the grey connector or another one?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts