Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the manual, and to the HondaOREM videos on Youtube, I should be able to press "TEL" on my dashboard, say "Yes, I want to connect a phone", and have it search for my phone (which has Bluetooth turned on, is discoverable, and is easily paired with over devices including other cars).

However, when I actually press TEL and say "Yes", I only see the salesman's phone listed. The screen says "1. Daniel", and that's it.

So I consult my manual, and it says "If your phone isn't on the list, scroll to 'Search for new device', and press it." But that's not an option on my screen. I can't scroll to anything -- there's just the one phone listed.

Has anyone else has this problem? What are you supposed to do?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I think you have to 'back up one screen' in the menu, then scroll, but am not sure.
We found out our phones will connect, but you have to 'authorize' it every time, it is not automatic like other cars have been. My wife hates doing that so we just don't connect any more when in the car except on long trips.
We got along just fine well before cell phones came along, I'm sure we'll survive not being 'connected' when we're driving around town too.

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
According to the manual, and to the HondaOREM videos on Youtube, I should be able to press "TEL" on my dashboard, say "Yes, I want to connect a phone", and have it search for my phone (which has Bluetooth turned on, is discoverable, and is easily paired with over devices including other cars).

However, when I actually press TEL and say "Yes", I only see the salesman's phone listed. The screen says "1. Daniel", and that's it.

So I consult my manual, and it says "If your phone isn't on the list, scroll to 'Search for new device', and press it." But that's not an option on my screen. I can't scroll to anything -- there's just the one phone listed.

Has anyone else has this problem? What are you supposed to do?

I would start with deleting the other phone and starting the pairing process the beginning.

What kind of phone do you have?

I know a lot of owners have been having issues with iPhones.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What year do you have? Our '13 the salesman put our phones in for us. As long as your bluetooth is open on your phone, the CRV should pick it up automatically and we have iPhones. We don't have to do anything, within 1 minute of starting the car the screen says the name of the phone and is active or something like that. If you can't figure it out, take it to the dealership and have them look at it. We couldn't set our Nav. system with our home address because the previous owner had a PIN code attached to it. They had to reset it for us so we could set it up properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts