Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i admit im disapointed.in some of the body related quality issues with the first jen.

*terrible plastic joint wiper linkage seems to go out within a few months of putting a new one in

*door lock actuators are weak and a little bit of ice prevents them from working at all, and any decent amount of ice freezes up the locks completely so they cant be opened with the key even

*window motors are weak and when it gets cold dont work at all

*side view mirror have a limited range of adjustment and the motors dont seem to work well, you have to choose either up/down or out, not both

*rear suspension is sagging pretty drastically and creating a fair amount of negative camber, looking at other hondas on the road from this era this appears to be a nearly universal issue across models

*not body related but the oil dipstick is about the worst placed ive ever seen! have to get the light just right to see it. also having to adjust the valves all the time, and the rear diff fluid change interval / special honda fluid

i realize this is a bit of a rant but i was honestly expecting more from honda. Ive had toyotas from this era with none of these issues whatsoever. does anyone know of any higher quality replacement parts, mods or other ways to fix these issues where possible? i realize some of them are inherent with the design.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Most of what you're describing is just due to age. All my older Hondas' had the frozen door lock problems. The suspension is just old and tired, I installed OME springs and KYB strut and it rides really good, no more sag. Dip stick thing bothers me as well, but then again all B-series engines have this same location. The valve issue is annoying, but then again most older engines should be checked for valve clearances anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most of what you're describing is just due to age. All my older Hondas' had the frozen door lock problems. The suspension is just old and tired, I installed OME springs and KYB strut and it rides really good, no more sag. Dip stick thing bothers me as well, but then again all B-series engines have this same location. The valve issue is annoying, but then again most older engines should be checked for valve clearances anyway.
I also have a 1st gen crv, and with the exception of the Dipstick and door locks none of these issues have happened to me. So it really is due to age, as my struts, window regulators, mirror motors and wipers are all factory or new. As for struts, i got mine at RockAuto and they were easy to install and made a huge difference in handling and ride height.

·
Registered
12 Posts
dip stick location for the motor oil and transmission fluid is stupid I agree ... I had all the suspension front and rear replaced for a grand total of 1,200. all noises stopped and ride hight is perfect. However i do still experience body roll. The drivers door lock doesn't work with the key fob. you didn't say anything about the cup holder :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts