Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on the body side molding for the 2017? Just bought a Touring and was thinking about it - it saved me many a door ding on my 2013, but I'm not 100% sold on the look of these for the 17s...
15697960_10210820211156704_2683509382199078895_n.jpg

There is a picture of one with them on the Honda website, but I can't get it to save to upload here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am actually thinking about this for my EX-L. I think I am going to wait til it warms up though. since they are installed with 3M tape, I figure the cold temps might mess with stickiness. I want a good curing on the tape.

·
Registered
54 Posts
based on picture at honda site, it appears to me that perhaps it may not protect door dings (the placement is very low). Any one has any insights on this?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
My body siding molding was installed after purchase in early January 2015 and it was a successful installation. The dealership installing the molding should be certain the body is warmed enough for good results. They look good on the vehicle and do provide a good degree of protection. Personal choice for sure but the next new CRV for me will have the body side moldings installed before leaving the shop.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got my side panels today, but it's too cold to put them on here. I wanted to see what they look like, so I did some temporary alignment with some painters tape long enough to take some pics. Thoughts?

20161229_101155.jpg 20161229_101206.jpg 20161229_101231.jpg

·
Registered
579 Posts
I certainly would not say they look great, but that's not what's important. Will they offer enough protection? Let's hope so. May be a little low. But anything helps.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
They look very good and are a worthwhile accessory to add to your new CRV. Love the burgundy color!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree that they seem a little low. But when I looked from behind, they do stick out a bit further than any of the body, so hopefully they will serve their purpose.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I had my 2015's molding installed in February 2015 and they are still on. They have some damage on them so they are doing their job. They do seem a tad higher than yours but I could be wrong. The dealer installed mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think they look great. I plan to put them on my exl -anyone have a suggestion for purchase of 2017 body side moldings? dealers are too expensive, since they are super easy to install, I also do not want to pay for dealer installation. For my 2012 I purchased from Honda parts superstore; but they don't even list the 2017 crv yet.

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Bodyside moulding should rest on the highest surface area of the side panels(the high point is where it bulges out from the panel, NOT the highest from the ground). It's hard to tell from picture if the moulding is mounted too low or not. Need to verify from edge of door toward front of vehicle to ensure it rides the high point. that's where everyone will make contact with the body of the car.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The instructions provide the exact height to place them and, if I recall correctly, they come with a template to aide in their placement.

I bought them for and installed them on my 2016 Civic and really like the look there. The ones on the CR-V are pretty bold and get quite wide (tall actually) by the back of the rear door, but they do seem to compliment the overall style of the vehicle. The dealer that I purchased from generally puts those and the splash guards on all of their vehicles, so it saved me a bit of time and effort.

Now I am waiting on the illuminated door sills to arrive so I can spend some time really bonding (pun inteneded) with my new CR-V. I am also keeping a close eye on the heated steering wheel as I hate wearing gloves and it sure makes it nice to drive in cold weather. I just wish that you didn't have to dismantle half of the vehicle to get it into place.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Now I am waiting on the illuminated door sills to arrive so I can spend some time really bonding (pun inteneded) with my new CR-V. I am also keeping a close eye on the heated steering wheel as I hate wearing gloves and it sure makes it nice to drive in cold weather. I just wish that you didn't have to dismantle half of the vehicle to get it into place.
I thought the directions for that heated steering wheel looked bad until I glanced at the install for the hitch. Holy-*bleep!* Yeah, if I ever want a hitch on mine, I'm going direct to the dealer for it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The instructions provide the exact height to place them and, if I recall correctly, they come with a template to aide in their placement.

I bought them for and installed them on my 2016 Civic and really like the look there. The ones on the CR-V are pretty bold and get quite wide (tall actually) by the back of the rear door, but they do seem to compliment the overall style of the vehicle. The dealer that I purchased from generally puts those and the splash guards on all of their vehicles, so it saved me a bit of time and effort.

We were close to buying the heated wheel and would have if I didn't look at the install procedure. Once I saw that process I talked the Mrs. out of it. I can only imagine the squeaks and rattles that would come from the dash after some dealer "tech" got through breaking clips and not bothering the replace them on reinstall. I just was not comfortable ripping apart the dash of a new vehicle. Remote start should allow for heating the wheel up a bit prior to having to drive in most cases, and I'll live with the cold wheel when I have to. On the bright side, it saved me $650 (installed price) so I was able to buy $1200 of other accessories from College Hills. DIdn't do the side moldings as I didn't like the look on the CR-V build site, but they look better on yours so maybe I'll reconsider once I see them in person on another.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I saw the pictures online, I thought it looked too low and had decided not to get it, but would really like the extra protection.

If you install the body side molding yourself, why couldn't you position it up a little higher on the vehicle?

1 - 20 of 170 Posts