Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Cladding was better, but today nothing in this World meets other car doors.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I'm blind in one eye and can't hear out of the other, but...........when I sight down the side of the car (Gen 5 CRV), it appears to me that the area about 5-6 inches below the door handles protrudes out the farthest which, to me, would be the most logical place for body side moulding (aftermarket). To me, the OE side moulding is too low and in a location/area that is recessed.........kinda a lookie lou thing thats not very functional.?‍♂

Reactions: Lochinvar

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,032 Posts
DO NOT go with the OEM. They look horrible and don't come close to working. Since you have the white pearl see if you can get the BSM for a fourth gen. They are 2 inch wide strips that you can place high enough on the door to do some good. I bought some similar from on online retailer for my Molten Lava Pearl and they were a perfect match. Do a search on here for body side molding and you can see pics of mine and others. The OEM for 5th gen are CRAP.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
I have a 2010 car no molding it's 9 years later yet to see a Ding I MUST been Lucky'

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DO NOT go with the OEM. They look horrible and don't come close to working. Since you have the white pearl see if you can get the BSM for a fourth gen. They are 2 inch wide strips that you can place high enough on the door to do some good. I bought some similar from on online retailer for my Molten Lava Pearl and they were a perfect match. Do a search on here for body side molding and you can see pics of mine and others. The OEM for 5th gen are CRAP.
Found it... it’s the stuff from SportWing ... I like this option. https://www.sportwing.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=Crv molding

·
Registered
3 Posts
For those of you who have them, do the body side moldings actually work to protect the body / doors? The aesthetics are more a personal choice, and I'm undecided there. I have a pearl white Gen V and while they typically come in body color I'm toying with getting contrasting black.
The OEM body side moldings look great and line up just good, for most cars parking next to me. In our garage 2017 verano and a 2014 elantra, hieght is just right.

·
Registered
2022 Honda CR-V HYBRID AWD EX-L (White/Ivory)
24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
2017 EX-L Navi (blue). I have the OEM side moldings and they appear to be a bit lower than I'd like, but after 6 months I have either been lucky or they've done their job. I had a local body shop install for me (they charged $75). Not hard and they give you a templet. I just didn't have the roller they want you to use for rolling down the edges so I let the pro's do it. Dealer wanted $200 to install. Looks is a personal choice. I like it but can see maybe some won't. Your choice.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Honda dealer only charges $63 dollars to install them. I went ahead and got them. I have mixed emotions about them. From some angles I like the Crv better and from others I don’t. At least it makes mine a little different than the hundreds you see on the road lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered mine from the online dealer mentioned in this thread. It doesn’t come with directions but it does come with some mounting templates and it looked easy to install. There are some u-tube videos on the dealer website plus a PDF with the install directions. I have bad knees and $63 dollars is well worth it plus I know it’s done right. I was at the dealership less than an hour plus got a free car wash and a Cappuccino.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Send me a set and I'll show you what you don;t read on the instructions

1 - 20 of 24 Posts