Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a boost gauge? I haven't found any good after market options for one.

I know the target audience of the CRV probably isn't looking for a boost gauge but I've never owned a turbo charged car that didn't have one. I'd like to be able to keep an eye on boos pressure and vacuum.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Anyone installed a boost gauge? I haven't found any good after market options for one.

I know the target audience of the CRV probably isn't looking for a boost gauge but I've never owned a turbo charged car that didn't have one. I'd like to be able to keep an eye on boos pressure and vacuum.
I have owned two Turbo cars prior to this one, one in 1983-86 and 86-88. Until your post, I didn't even think of having a boost gauge. I just don't know where you would put it in this car, maybe an A pillar gauge cluster?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have owned two Turbo cars prior to this one, one in 1983-86 and 86-88. Until your post, I didn't even think of having a boost gauge. I just don't know where you would put it in this car, maybe an A pillar gauge cluster?
You'd definitely need a gauge pod of some sort. On most other platforms there are solutions for A pillar pods (though these are rare now due to airbags) or vent pods. In a perfect world you'd be able to display it in the instrument cluster, since the ECU knows what the boost/vac is. I'm thinking I'm probably out of luck, though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get a 37mm digital gauge.
Several on Fleabay for cheap.
Have one for battery and one for water temp in my Civic and they perform great

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The cars I've had with a turbo didn't have a gauge and I didn't see the need for one. I felt like I could feel how the turbo was working.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts

The ScanGauge II will display digitally both vacuum and boost. The ScanGauge II is a simple plug-n-play unit.....it plugs into the OBDII port under the dash. Negative numbers represent vacuum and positive numbers represent boost. So far I've seen +7 on the boost side with moderate throttle input. At idle it sits at about -11.

The ScanGauge will display much more than just boost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts