Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, by taking (probably) too many default settings on available turbo calculators along w/ the readily available Honda specs for displacement, horsepower and compression ratio, I'm getting around 13psi of boost at max HP.

Does that sound about right? Seems high to me, especially w/ ~10:1 compression on regular gas.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Buy a cheap OBD BlueTooth transmitter and hook it to an Android phone w/ Torque (some cheap used phone will do if you don't have one) and it will tell you all about boost.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,062 Posts
I believe the spec says it limits at 16.5 psi so your calculations are pretty close. They do play with with the valve timing, turbo boost and direct injection to operate the engine as a modified Akinson cycle at times. So effective compression ratios, engine efficiency, power density can be played with big time

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
16.5 PSI is the number that I recall from somewhere. I also was surprised at how high they were taking it on regular fuel. Technology has come a very long way! At 16.5 PSI in theory you would be pushing twice as much air in that 1.5 engine allowing it to make nearly the power of a 3.0 liter engine. (Remember, power is torque, HP is work) The 1.5 at lower RPMs produces lots more torque than its 2.4 liter brother at the same speeds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts