Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 99 and an '02 CRV. the '02 was in a front right fender bender, pretty good hit, had to replace headlight, fender, a crushed AC line and tweak the hood, etc. back into place. looks ok, not professional. both the ABS and the BRAKE light are on on the dash display, as far as i know they weren't on before but i don't drive it, just take care of it, so i'm not sure. tried to read a code and reset the ABS light per what i could find on the web. my '99 has the blue 2 pin test connector on the passenger side of the center console, but i couldn't find anything like that on the '02. what i believe i saw on the web was that for the '02 one connects the 4 and 9 female sockets on the obd2 16 pin connector. when i did this, no codes displayed when the key was turned on and the procedure to reset the light did nothing. in the owners manual it states that if BOTH the ABS and BRAKE light are on you should take it to the dealer to have them diagnose it. i see $$$ going out of my pocket. i would be tempted to just leave the ABS offline, but the manual implied that with this situation the front to rear distribution of braking power could be affected in a not good way. wish it would default to a normal non-ABS system if something was wrong but apparently not so. anybody had this happen and what was the outcome? also if i missed something about resetting the 2002 ABS light i'd give that another try but it seems i'm in the dark here about why both lights are on and the hated "you must bring it to the dealer" situation. ps, nothing inside the engine compartment appeared to be damaged beyond the pinched hard AC line but of course there was the shock of impact which i suppose might have done something.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i will take another look. just had the airbag igniters replaced per the big recall and the service gal suggested looking for rodent chew damage when i mentioned the above problem.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lucky me, i got under the front end and examined the sensor wires left and right sides, saw nothing. pulled the big plug off the abs unit up top, put it back on and the lights went off. when all else fails, umm, reboot the plug....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts