Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posting this in the correct forum...

Well I bought the 2006 CRV. Now that I have it, there's some things I need to know. I've been building mustangs and antique Ford trucks my whole life so I'm comfortable talking anything apart and working in it. This front wheel drive vehicle will have some things I'm not used to though. I also have some general CRV questions first and this forum is where I'd like to get the answers. Just like our mustang forum, you guys have done all these things first hand and can tell me exactly what I need to know so here's my list......

1. Driver's window "auto" function doesn't always work. It starts then reverses direction. I can hold the switch and it goes all the way up or down. It just has a problem doing the auto part. What's the problem and fix?
(Got one suggestion on this but open for input)

2. Does anyone make quality replacement headlight assemblies? Where do I get them? There are none for my mustang. All of them are junk that only lasts maybe 2 years.

3. Is there supposed to be something under the picnic table in the well?

4. Is there a quick release mechanism for the back seats or is it just the actual 4 seat bolts?

5. The dash cluster lights are not very bright, even on the brightest setting. Do you guys have a solution with part numbers or links to LED bulbs?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Two possible causes for auto window up doesn't work
1. May need to perform a reset on the window controller, see Youtube vid for procedure

2. The window channels may be dirty, need lubrication or it's damaged causing excessive resistance. The controller thinks there is an obstruction and auto reverses the window.
Since this is an intermittent issue I would bet the controller thinks there is an obstruction.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,194 Posts
1. What Traylaw said. I'll just add, that a DRY lube (such as Lowes etc sells for sliding storm windows) works best, as it doesn't attract more dirt.

2. Aftermarket Headlight replacements are hit-or-miss. Why not just restore/resurface? The key to longevity when you sand & polish the plastic is to coat it with UV-resistant paint. YouTube has procedures...

3. No.

4. The rear seats fold & flip forward (they need to be slid all the way back, to do this). If you are asking about a quick way to totally take them out of the car, the answer is No. They would need to be unbolted.

5. No personal experience, but there have been owners on this Forum who have installed LEDs in the dash clusher and HVAC panel. Look on YouTube too. Most 'Tubers link to the parts they buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts