Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bough my '16 LX AWD yesterday in Alabaster Silver. Very excited. The only add-on I got was the under-coating (I live in Upstate, NY). Just wondering what you guys would pick as the best or most used accessory? I'd love to get a bike rack, but for the price I think I'll just pop the front wheel off and lay it down in the back.

-Jim

·
Registered
110 Posts
Along with the bike rack you'll need a trailer hitch if you go that route. I mountain bike, well sort of. And putting my muddy, wet, dirty Cannondale Scalpel Carbon 3 inside my car after riding is not an option I care to take. I have done it to carry to shop but that's about it. I have a 1UPUSA rack that uses a 2 in mount that has served me wonderfully for close to 10 years now. Only upgrades I suggest are: WeatherTech everywhere inside your new "V", a tow hitch, and a 1UPUSA in anodized black (mines silver, but when I purchased mine black was not even a thought). One more thing, I'm originally from upstate New York but that was a long 2 careers ago.

-Jim (also)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll have to see if I can get the trailer hitch installed cheaply (I can get a cheap one on craigslist for like $50). When I think about paying $400~ish for a hitch on a car that has such a low tow capacity I kind of cringe.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have a hitch on my current V, paid full price for local guy to install, had one on my previous V (same guy installed in 05) and one on my Dakota. I've never towed a thing, but I do carry my bike and for that purpose the tow hitch is necessary. I would like to and may one day get one of those teardrop shaped campers to tow behind my V for biking/camping trips once I retire for teaching. Soon, but not soon enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i agree with SGtjim, weathertech everything. I just recently bought a used 12 EXL and that was the first thing i did. Currently working on retrofitting HID's on my car. Good luck with your CRV !

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
You can get a hitch installed at U-Haul for under $300 with a lifetime warranty. That's what I did 3 years ago and all I use it for is mine and my wife's bikes.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Jm, welcome to the forum as well as congratulation on your new purchase. I believe you picked the best accessory for your money and protection, since the environment you live in will rot a vehicle away if not protected, money well spent. Drop some pics when you get a chance.
David g..........................:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts