Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I got a 2000 honda crv automatuc with 77kmiles on it ( i know it's has very low mileage), and i love the 1st gens! However, I want it repainted to stock silver, everything to the black trim to its old days. My question is, do you guys think its worth it? A guy in long island NY quoted me $1500. just want someone suggestion, who owned 1st gens!

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would recommend checking Kelly Blue book and local Craigslist ads to see what the average price is for your area. I think even the 1997-99 models go for around $2,000 if they are in good or fair condition. With mileage as low as yours, just a bit of regular maintenance and you should be good to go for a while. I think 60,0000 miles is the recommended time to inspect / replace the timing belt and you could check around this site or on-line for anything else that should be done such as fluid replacements.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
It's a new to you car. $1500 doesn't go far on cars these days. If you don't do your own maintenance. Tires for example could be dangerously old and cracked. Brake fluid, pads etc. Radiator hoses. Yards yada yada....
Care for the car mechanically and you'll get to your destination and back. Cosmetics won't do that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a new to you car. $1500 doesn't go far on cars these days. If you don't do your own maintenance. Tires for example could be dangerously old and cracked. Brake fluid, pads etc. Radiator hoses. Yards yada yada....
Care for the car mechanically and you'll get to your destination and back. Cosmetics won't do that.
Oh i did all maintenance,like new timing belts, fluids, brake pads, tires. I was just aasking if someone will do their cosmetics on the 1st gens crv, but i guess it's just preference. But thank yoy for your response. Will make sure I take care of it mechanically.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just depends on if you want to spend the money. I am going to start wet sanding and polishing my NHBP V soon! I will probably respray it my self sometime down the road.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes it is worth it i am painting my 1st Gen soon doors of hood and fenders right down to sills and frame . Green Cyprus pearl g82p throwing in some green glitter to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts