Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I recently was diagnosed with a P0135 code which I was told by my mechanic was the upstream oxygen sensor. I shopped around online and purchased the cheapest one I could find, in particular the 24410 by NGK. However when I went to install it I realized the sensor I purchased had a female connector rather than a male one like the original. I thought the vendor shipped me the wrong one however it appears I choose the "downstream" rather than the upstream one.

My question is what should I do about it? I heard someone say there is no difference in the two oxygen sensors and that in theory you could just cut the plug off and splice the wires together to make it work. I am not very knowledgeable about this sort of thing but it sound illogical to me since the two sensors are different sizes, different connectors and the downstream one is about $100 cheaper than the upstream.

Would anyone be able to comment on this please?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You have to watch with Hondas because they are very picky on the O2 sensors. For piece of mind using the factory sensors is the way to go.

Sent from my Nokia 6110

1 - 3 of 3 Posts