Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months back, I put my car into park from reverse while it was moving. The idle then bounced on me. I fixed it doing the idle relearn. Here's my original post.

Well folks it's back, and this time the Idle relearn does not fix it. Problem started after seeing the mechanic to change a LHS motor mount and he had to disconnect the battery. I decided to try to fix it myself, here's what I've done.

1. I removed the Throttle body.
2. Cleaned it, was not dirty.
3. Removed IACV, cleaned it, but couldn't twist the thing due to the Torx 5 point security screws bolted on the side.
4. Removed TPS, inspected it, didn't open it up. Seemed OK. I had to tension the internal spring to put it back on, twisting it a little, is this normal? Also a small part of the green cardboard gasket tore off, so I just held it in place while bolting it. Unsure where to bolt it, had about 10mm of rotation.

Some coolant did leak while removing the throttle body, I accidentally removed a large rubber hose from the engine block. As u can tell I'm not super experienced with this!

Can anyone help?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,785 Posts
Follow all the hoses on the air intake side of the engine. Look for splits, breaks, holes etc.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Moving to Gen 2 Section for better response.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Fixed!

Remove IACV, but actually remove the motor and twist the valve around. You will need to remove the throttle body (you can keep the throttle cable on there though). The iacv is on the underside of the throttle.

You will need a 5 point Torx TR bit TR20 i think to remove the motor on the iacv.

Put some clean fluid like solvent, soak it, toothbrush. Get it spinning as nice as possible,then drop a bit of oil in the valve and re-install. I used 3 in 1.

My idle has never been better, its great, much more responsive accelerator pedal.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
You wouldn’t believe it unless you saw it...I removed the IAC motor to have a look at the housing and found a stinkbug jammed in the rotor...

Unbelievable...

Best Regards,
Dave - gto3deuces

Fixed!

Remove IACV, but actually remove the motor and twist the valve around. You will need to remove the throttle body (you can keep the throttle cable on there though). The iacv is on the underside of the throttle.

You will need a 5 point Torx TR bit TR20 i think to remove the motor on the iacv.

Put some clean fluid like solvent, soak it, toothbrush. Get it spinning as nice as possible,then drop a bit of oil in the valve and re-install. I used 3 in 1.

My idle has never been better, its great, much more responsive accelerator pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts