Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently traded in my 2008 CR-V LX for a 2016 CR-V EX-L. The old CR-V had a distinctive engine sound that I referred to the "Honda hum" that was always just there when I drove. In the new one, I don't hear much of anything, including the hum. What changed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I hear allot of folks talking about the vibration at idle and I still don't feel anything. Even If it was there and slight I probably wouldn't care. I'm a technician by trade and have seen allot worse and manufacturers say its normal.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes the 2015/2016 Generation 4 of the CR-V has many improvements over the previous years. Of course it was not a major change-over but a nice step forward. My '15 EX-L is the first CR-V after having owned Accords since 1994. The Accords are a great sedan but the versatility of the CR-V and its many amenities really fill our needs. The ease of entry, the view, the ride, the smoothness of the CVT, the power of the engine, the ergonomic cabin, entertainment system; these and many more make this vehicle a true joy to drive.

Now at just over 16,000 miles and 1 year/6 months of trouble-free driving! All good, all the time!

Cheers!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ease of entry, the view, the ride, the smoothness of the CVT, the power of the engine, the ergonomic cabin, entertainment system; these and many more make this vehicle a true joy to drive.
OK, you sold me. Lol. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I found my 2016 slightly used EX-L at my local Ford dealer when I went there to try out a new Escape. The Escape SE with a 2.0 Ecoboost engine was both quieter and more powerful than the CRV. I chose the slightly cheaper CRV because of the better fuel mileage, better reliability record and features (way the seats fold, camera on the right side, etc). The CRV was the car, down to the color, that I would have chosen at a Honda dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rolo305, Same here : 2016 CRV TOURING, 2 months old, 2200 miles, we don't feel the "vibration" reported by others. Climate Controls On or Off, no matter. The Vehicle is terrific with many improvements over the 2010 we traded in (Prompted in a big way due to the Air Bag recall).

·
Registered
387 Posts
The low idle vibration was on some of the earlier ones made in 2015, not the 2016. (same car, but with fix applied) You shouldnt have a problem. Enjoy and congrats!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am very happy overall with my CRV. I do notice quite a bit of road and wind noise. It may be the stock tires or thin insulation overall? My last vehicle was a Tacoma that was actually much quieter but the ride quality was pretty rough and harsh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts