Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First timer here. The bracket that supports the canister filter (p/n 17315-S5A-A32) to my G2 has completely rusted and broken off. It is actually the end of the beam that comes from the center of the undercarriage...apologies for my lack of correct terminology. I noticed it the other day when I went down there to check out the canister vent solenoid (been getting a pending P0497 code). I currently have it being supported by a couple of zip ties...I realize this is not ideal.

What is the best way to go about finding how to replace that bracket? The parts diagrams do not seem to include the supporting brackets/beams. Is this something that is remotely feasible for me to replace myself? Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You could try making one from plumber's pipe hanging bracket material, or take it to a muffler shop, where they probably have a hanger or other bracket that can be used to fix it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!

Do either of you happen to know how the canister filter works? I am assuming it filters particulate matter from fuel vapors before they enter the charcoal canister, but maybe I'm wrong.

I am wondering whether this might have something to do with the p0497 code I'm pulling now - previously was a pending code, then I changed the evap purge solenoid (the one by the throttle body) and I got a stored code and c/e light.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
3,549 Posts
I don't, but if you can get access to a factory service manual, it will probably tell you.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Thanks for the replies!

Do either of you happen to know how the canister filter works? I am assuming it filters particulate matter from fuel vapors before they enter the charcoal canister, but maybe I'm wrong.

I am wondering whether this might have something to do with the p0497 code I'm pulling now - previously was a pending code, then I changed the evap purge solenoid (the one by the throttle body) and I got a stored code and c/e light.
Why did you change the solenoid?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maybe not the best reasoning...but thought it could be an "easy fix" if it was the immediate solution to the low purge flow code. The cheapo non-OEM purge solenoid was only $11 vs $~60 for the vent solenoid, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The research on p0497 was pointing me to either the evap purge solenoid, the vent canister solenoid, or low probability chance of liquid fuel in the charcoal canister...or vacuum leak(s), which I did not notice.

I live in an apartment complex, and don't really have many tools/jack/jackstands/space to get under to check the circuit of the vent canister solenoid. I will likely get to a friend's house to check that circuit now to try to fix this damn code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that - yea I watched this video initially to see how the system worked...along with the ratchets and wrenches videos on EVAP systems, which were very helpful. At this point, it looks like the canister vent solenoid should be changed as there don't seem to be any vacuum leaks, failing circuits, or other deficiencies in the lines.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts