Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 CRV Touring. Just wondering do the brake lights stay on when the brake hold is activated? I would hope they would to prevent any rear end collisions.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
have some one get out to look

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,927 Posts
have some one get out to look

I agree. This would absolutely be a case where I would just test it with someone checking the lights and letting me know... rather then relying on the internet grapevine (because sometimes you do get incorrect responses). :)

That said.. I would expect the lights would be on with brake hold active at the time... because Honda does tend to be both mindful and conservative about safety features in their vehicles. They do have issues with their vehicles..... but generally not safety features overlooked or lacking. Trust, but verify though.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Yes, the brake lights are on......look in the chrome grill behind you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Brake lights are usually commanded on by a switch on the pedal itself so anything that uses the brake pedal should also activate the brake lights. These have electronic brake boosters that move the pedal versus earlier systems that use the ABS module so ACC, CMB, and brake hold will all activate the brake lights the same way cars have activated their brake lights for years. You can keep your foot near the pedal and notice the pedal physically move as the car applies or holds the brakes. This is not the case with cars that use the ABS module (Odyssey, Pilot, Passport). The new question becomes: are the brake lights still on after 10 minutes (or you unbuckle your seat belt) of brake hold when it applies the parking brake and releases the brake pedal?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,027 Posts
Willimasji there you go. no one can give you the straight answer so grab the smartphone and BAM done

1 - 7 of 7 Posts