Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '19 CR-V Front Wheel Drive. When I activate the brake hold feature, does it activate all the brakes? I find this feature very handy.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving to Gen 5 Section - this Section is for introductions only, not vehicle issues.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes, it activates all the brakes and all the brake lights. This is a great feature but NOT in a garage.
Also don't use it when parallel parking. CMBS doesn't prevent you from bumping into things at low speeds.

On a related topic, the parking brake only brakes the rear wheels.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,009 Posts
Please Show me where you think the Front Disk brakes having the Brake hold Motor, PLEASE!

Machanical front Brake. Semi Electron Back Brake

·
Registered
196 Posts
Please Show me where you think the Front Disk brakes having the Brake hold Motor, PLEASE!
Um, brake hold physically presses the brake pedal, so all the brakes will be on...

The parking brake uses an electric motor with a massive gear reduction to press the brake pads and lock the rear wheels.

Two different systems...

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Fishy,

Brake Hold uses the electric brake booster (we have an electric booster instead of a vac-powered one); it is literally no different from you holding the pedal down yourself, and brakes the wheels identically.

·
Super Moderator
5,009 Posts
Fishy,

Brake Hold uses the electric brake booster (we have an electric booster instead of a vac-powered one); it is literally no different from you holding the pedal down yourself, and brakes the wheels identically.
So it's off the Master Cylinder not the actual calipers what I am tinking leaving the H out

·
Super Moderator
5,009 Posts
So after ten minutes in stand still you best be on your brakes if not paying attention thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts