Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, my name is paul and i just bought a 2014 crv from a carmax dealer with about 36,000 miles on it. i couldn't find the link to the new members section of this forum, so this is my introduction. I've put almost 1,000 miles on the car in the two weeks I've owned it, and I pretty much love the car. within the last couple days, it has developed a grinding noise coming from the rear brakes. The noise doesn't seem to be always there, but i have definitely noticed it on occasion. I contacted my salesman who said this could be "surface rust" on the rotors. The car's still under a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty, but Its a two hour drive to the nearest carmax for me so I'm trying to get someone to look at it locally. Carmax may emphasize may approve a warranty repair not done at their shop. I have a couple of estimates scheduled, but just wondering if any owners have any thoughts to share on this. Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. Paul

·
Registered
105 Posts
I could be your brake pads, sometimes they need to come of to have a chamfered edge done again, If they have clean sharp edges they can make that noise. Rust on the rotors that you mention could be another course to the noise. And the worst case, your brake caliper needs some attention. Dont worry, you have a warranty :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts