Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have changed my rear brake pads and rotors but i don't see any brake pad/rotor dust cover. Should i need to install it? FYI i have driven 60000 miles my 2016 Honda CrV. The front brake pad & rotor has been changed about 1.5 years ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None of these, it's a dust cover which you can install separately. It does not come with original parts.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,595 Posts
None of these, it's a dust cover which you can install separately. It does not come with original parts.
You mean a caliper cover like this?

Or a shield like this?

If they weren't fitted originally, you probably don't need a shield. If you live in road-salt locales, just do 'brake service' every year or so to keep things moving and reduce corrosion.

·
Registered
2003 CRV EX Auto 300,000km still rollin'
216 Posts
The brake dust shields rusted out on mine, and I was told by the gov. vehicle inspectors that as long as they were both gone, it would pass inspection. Makes sense, everything on a braking system needs to be identical on both sides lest it create an 'imbalance' of conditions etc.

They are a PITA to change as it means removing everything at the back to put the plate on.

·
Registered
2003 CRV EX Auto 300,000km still rollin'
216 Posts
Yup, you can clearly see where all the brake parts attach to it. Pity it wasn't a bolt on extra... Especially as it is a different thickness metal anyway. The backing plate is heavy metal, whereas the dust shield as about as thick as a tin can!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts