Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to know your opinion on brake pads. Trying to research some good quality brake pads for the next service.

Looking up brake pads, I couldn't find any brake pad that is compatible with the 5th gen CRV. Was wondering if the 4th gen brake pads can be used on the newer ones. Brands like Akebono, or ACDelco do not have brake pads that are "compatible" with the newer car. The car is only 2 years old and its not like a rare commodity.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
There are plenty of 3rd-party pads avail, even if Akebono hasn't released theirs yet. ACDelco, Raybestos, Wagner, Bendix, Centric, etc. are using fitment codes 2036/2037 for the Gen5 CR-V.

I imagine there's not universal coverage yet because the cars have not been on the market long enough for many people to wear their pads out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are plenty of 3rd-party pads avail, even if Akebono hasn't released theirs yet. ACDelco, Raybestos, Wagner, Bendix, Centric, etc. are using fitment codes 2036/2037 for the Gen5 CR-V.

I imagine there's not universal coverage yet because the cars have not been on the market long enough for many people to wear their pads out.

This is a good website! I didn't know about this at all! Thank you!

·
Registered
415 Posts
autozone have it... Have not bought a set yet but have done my research...
I replace my own brake pads...

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,955 Posts
have you found any?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts