Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed new brake pads front and rear on my Honda CRV EXL. Brake fluid level is full but have very little brake pedal. Goes almost to the floor before brakes will apply. Does anyone know how to adjust the brakes so I have more brake pedal? It is. 2009 Honda CRV EXL. Thanks.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Definitely sounds like air got into the system, requiring it to be bled. On a side note, Honda recommends the brake fluid be flushed with new fluid every 3 years... If you haven't done that in a while you might consider killing two birds with one stone and have that done as it's basically the same process only moreso. My local dealer runs a special on the brake system flush for $99, not bad when you consider it's kind of a pita job requiring two people unless you have a special vacuum bleeding tool (not to mention it's cold out right now lol). I always consider the brake flush good insurance towards keeping the ABS system happy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
+1 - Sounds like air got into the system.

Speed bleeders makes the job pretty easy for 1 person. I install them on the first brake service on each of our cars. Every honda and acura we have owned uses a Russell 639610 Speed Bleeder, 10 mm x 1.25 mm. Used them on the 08 CRV EX and will use them on the 11 CRV EXL. They are about $12/pair on eBay.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Or...make your own for about 2 bucks...works great...made one and used it on my wife's 08. Just make sure you following the steps outlined in the video. Also, you may want to experiment with various size tubing to make sure you get an air-tight fit...I believe I used 1/4" tubing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wwq1Vlk4Wg

'One-man bleeder' that is...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts