Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry I did the search option and looked in the manuel.....I will need to go in for a oil change soon....but they want to do oil and filter....rotate tires....brake service? and now brake fluild flush....I cant find when the brake service and flush is supposed to be done....CRV has 18243 kilometers......is this due at this time

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
482 Posts
Check owners manual, brake fluid flush is every 3 years for my 2011. Might have changed to 2. Every other oil change does not require a new filter. The owners manual will tell you what the codes mean and note any additional items not built into the .mm. Honda repair shop is a seperate business from new car sales and we see losts of posts where they just steal from customers.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Brake fluid flush needs to be done every three years, regardless of mileage driven. I can see the first one done before you get to three years of ownership, if it's been three years since they assembled the vehicle and added the fluids.
Brake service is to have someone check the brake rotor and pads to make sure things are okay, and hopefully also lubricate the slider pins.
Honda says you only need to change the oil filter on every other oil change, but if they are putting new oil in the engine I want a new oil filter, too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, three year brake fluid replacement interval. Brake fluid can gradually accumulate water, hence the recommendation to flush every 3 years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts