Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 CRV 17293 kilometers......dealer is pushing for a "Brake Service"....i said no thanks,but now there are pushing saying tire need rotating and brake service should be prefored at that time?......is this service really needed and what does it include

·
Registered
491 Posts
If the vehicle is two years old the service might include a brake fluid flush/change and pad inspection. Otherwise it should just be a pad inspection.
And depending on your driving habits, new brake pads but that's unlikely.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
2018 CRV 17293 kilometers......dealer is pushing for a "Brake Service"....i said no thanks,but now there are pushing saying tire need rotating and brake service should be prefored at that time?......is this service really needed and what does it include
What does your Maintenance Minder show?

If it is B1 (which is in the right range for your km), then yeah... a tire rotation would be normal, as well as a "break inspection and service" (which is basically a inspection and selective lube, and possibly an adjustment, if needed).... which is NOT a "break service" per se.. but part of "mechanical inspection" associated with the "B" in B1. They also generally inspect and lube various things on the B1 checklist as well. 1, by the way, ... is to rotate the tires.

IF.. there is a "7" in the MM.. that would be a brake fluid flush with is not miles based but time based (3 years).

The dealers in my area all have flat fees for the different regular maintenance pops from the MM....... like A, B, B1, etc.... covering parts and labor as specified by Honda.

I personally would not refuse any service indicated by the Maintenance Minder, at least not while under warranty. Of course you have the option to do it yourself or to use a 3rd party shop.. as long as you have receipts to prove the work was performed.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Your rear will not beworn that fast. Your fronts may. 30K they don;t last long. Dealer pushes, let them show you in Person when the car was up on that lift, then take his/her word. Why I am A DIY'er

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mm says oil at 70% and .1 Rotation.....knowing my dealer this will be a 250 bill......aka "crvowner"

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
mm says oil at 70% and .1 Rotation.....knowing my dealer this will be a 250 bill......aka "crvowner"
You have 70% oil life left on the MM, why is there any discussion right now between you and your dealer about service?

You mean B1? When checking the Maintenance Minder on a gen5 CRV... it will tell you the next service required.. and for your miles I would expect it to be a B1, as I explained earlier. Typically, either an A or a B (which are oil service codes) ... followed by the appropriate number codes for service beyond just an oil change. The MM does not typically fire off number codes out of sync with the A or B codes.

A B1 service set runs about $150 + tax in my area, but price will vary by region/state. I imagine where there are few dealers, there is less competition, which means prices may be higher then where I live (there are a dozen dealers within a 45 minute drive here).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts