Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these started having problems at the same time. The warnings came up one after another, Lane Keeping Assist Sensor Problems, Road Departure Mitigation Senor Problems, Collision Mitigation Braking System Senor Problems Adaptive Cruise Control all blew up at the same. I know Honda probably has NO IDEAL why this is happening and NO IDEAL what the fix is but this seems to be significant issue. Has anyone had this problem and been able resolve it without having to spend large sums of money on a new car? 2018 Cr-V 30,000 one buys a car and hope that SAFETY FEATURES are there for their benefit and they are the first to FAIL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, there is apparently an active Class Action against Honda of American outlining Honda Sensing problems. These very issues have apparently shown up in 2017 & 2018 Cr-V models. I will certainly get the battery checked out because that is an issue I can do something about quickly.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Hi, there is apparently an active Class Action against Honda of American outlining Honda Sensing problems. These very issues have apparently shown up in 2017 & 2018 Cr-V models. I will certainly get the battery checked out because that is an issue I can do something about quickly.
1) incorrect. There is an "attempt" by some lawyers who specialize in canvasing the internet looking for vehicle issues reported by owners... to form a successful class action. They are the motor vehicle equivalent of "ambulance chasers".

2) there is literally always some form of class action.. because the lawyers can and will try to gen them up at any and every opportunity... because if they are successful.. they get lots of cash.. but owners only get an agreement to fix something. Most of them fail to gain class status.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
All these started having problems at the same time. The warnings came up one after another, Lane Keeping Assist Sensor Problems, Road Departure Mitigation Senor Problems, Collision Mitigation Braking System Senor Problems Adaptive Cruise Control all blew up at the same. I know Honda probably has NO IDEAL why this is happening and NO IDEAL what the fix is but this seems to be significant issue. Has anyone had this problem and been able resolve it without having to spend large sums of money on a new car? 2018 Cr-V 30,000 one buys a car and hope that SAFETY FEATURES are there for their benefit and they are the first to FAIL.
FACT: a bad battery will cause ALL MANNER of electronic systems in a modern vehicle to malfunction, and give off alerts. Same thing with a bad charging system, which the battery relies on.

FACT: one failing electronic system can cause a cascade of alerts and warnings.. because all the systems talk to one another over a common data bus.

Your vehicle is under warranty... take it, or have it towed to the dealer to have it diagnosed and repaired. Even if it is just the battery.. your battery is also covered under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FACT: a bad battery will cause ALL MANNER of electronic systems in a modern vehicle to malfunction, and give off alerts. Same thing with a bad charging system, which the battery relies on.

FACT: one failing electronic system can cause a cascade of alerts and warnings.. because all the systems talk to one another over a common data bus.

Your vehicle is under warranty... take it, or have it towed to the dealer to have it diagnosed and repaired. Even if it is just the battery.. your battery is also covered under the 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.
Thank you for this important fact based information. I drive the 495 beltway daily and if my car slows or stops unexpectedly I could die. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Battery drained over night, the symptons of a low battery issues are seen in this video and the proceedure to clear is ignition on, and ride.

QUick one wants a Class act law suit, they spent additional funds to the Insurance company, why not tackle them as well, make it a Team effort. or simply keep it to the Topic then make it a issue .

Ask if the issue ever came back. never did. Ask me if it was a weak battery? it was not. Ask me if it was a user issue, It sure was. The keys were pressed causing the car to simply drain over night, Resolved three years later. its is in the list of a replacement battery as 48 months are near.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Is this from the Tina White cult of FB? All of these talking about class action make me laugh.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It may be the Battery, I don't know. Being winter, is the camera on the windshield clear of dirt? Is the radar clear of dirt? The issues mentioned have all have their inputs from these two sensors.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I doubt this is multiple failures. All these systems are interconnected and a fault in one of them will disable all of them as a fail safe. Clear your radar sensor (flat plastic area just under the "H" on the grille) and make sure the windshield is clean in front of the camera behind the rear view mirror. If they don't clear driving it around some take it to the dealer and get them to fix it. If it's intermitted they'll struggle to fix it as it's hard to troubleshoot without being able to duplicate it. If it's constant it shouldn't be difficult to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Yep when I get a MIL light going bad, otehr things not related come on, how they trigger it. oh its a safety light, totally different. not check engine.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,875 Posts
As mentioned earlier, when a problem occurs on a single component all the Honda Sensing functions shutdown producing a plethora of warnings. The real problem occurs when the diagnostic code doesn't get stored, so when you restart the vehicle the dealer has no idea what happened. This is just bad programming on Honda's part.
Your best shot at resolving Honda Sensing problem that goes away when you restart the car is to drive it to the dealer while the issue is occuring. Don't turn off the car and have the tech plug in his equipment to find out what's going on.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
As mentioned earlier, when a problem occurs on a single component all the Honda Sensing functions shutdown producing a plethora of warnings. The real problem occurs when the diagnostic code doesn't get stored, so when you restart the vehicle the dealer has no idea what happened. This is just bad programming on Honda's part.
Your best shot at resolving Honda Sensing problem that goes away when you restart the car is to drive it to the dealer while the issue is occuring. Don't turn off the car and have the tech plug in his equipment to find out what's going on.
Or get an OBD2 reader and keep it in your glove box. $10-20 on amazon

Or go to O'Reilly, Autozone etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It may be the Battery, I don't know. Being winter, is the camera on the windshield clear of dirt? Is the radar clear of dirt? The issues mentioned have all have their inputs from these two sensors.
Cruiser, the attendant in my parking garage said his wife had the same issue and he thought he knew what to do for me. I left my keys with him and he cleaned the sensors and the cameras. He gave me my keys around 4:30pm and said I was "straight". So either wet or dirty it was a sensor issue. Thank you for the information!!!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
A $10-$20 reader is likely to only scan the engine itself.
Yeah, but you really need a reader that can read all the brand specific advanced codes in my view. THAT is where the more subtle and interesting data resides. The cheapo readers usually only read the core set of codes common to all vehicles.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts