Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
As mentioned earlier, when a problem occurs on a single component all the Honda Sensing functions shutdown producing a plethora of warnings. The real problem occurs when the diagnostic code doesn't get stored, so when you restart the vehicle the dealer has no idea what happened. This is just bad programming on Honda's part.
Your best shot at resolving Honda Sensing problem that goes away when you restart the car is to drive it to the dealer while the issue is occuring. Don't turn off the car and have the tech plug in his equipment to find out what's going on.
I have worked with my local dealership to the point that I gave their Tech/Mechanic permission to drive the car home, etc. He drove it for a week and of course none of this happened. We drove around together with computer hooked to car trying to get it to replicate the issue, nothing. They are aware and they have not found what causes it. My mechanic said that all Honda Mechanics have a board like this that they chat on and none of them have been able to pinpoint why this happens. Before I can get my car to the dealership it would clear itself. Since this try by my mechanic and dealership it has happened twice to me. He told me to log my speed, weather, etc. and both times it was different. Only that that is happening each and every time it occurs is that I am using cruise control. I am hoping at some point they figure out what is causing it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Imagine this sort of system shutdown occuring on a driverless car! That's why I think driverless car are further down the road (pardon the pun) than many think. In addition, they haven't figured out how to consistently "go the last mile" (i.e. negotiate neighborhood streets with stop signs, pedestrians, etc and find parking without human input). But never say never!.

·
Registered
18 Posts
All these started having problems at the same time. The warnings came up one after another, Lane Keeping Assist Sensor Problems, Road Departure Mitigation Senor Problems, Collision Mitigation Braking System Senor Problems Adaptive Cruise Control all blew up at the same. I know Honda probably has NO IDEAL why this is happening and NO IDEAL what the fix is but this seems to be significant issue. Has anyone had this problem and been able resolve it without having to spend large sums of money on a new car? 2018 Cr-V 30,000 one buys a car and hope that SAFETY FEATURES are there for their benefit and they are the first to FAIL.
I have a 2017 and have that happen when one of the sensors is blocked with snow. There is a sensor on the front windshield where the rear view mirror attaches and another one lower behind the H on the front grill. Since I am short when I clear the windshield there is often snow left in the center where the sensor is. As soon as I found this out and make sure both areas are free of snow the problem of all the warnings flashing has not reappeared since. Not sure if you live in a snowy area but Maybe this is your problem too?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2017 and have that happen when one of the sensors is blocked with snow. There is a sensor on the front windshield where the rear view mirror attaches and another one lower behind the H on the front grill. Since I am short when I clear the windshield there is often snow left in the center where the sensor is. As soon as I found this out and make sure both areas are free of snow the problem of all the warnings flashing has not reappeared since. Not sure if you live in a snowy area but Maybe this is your problem too?
I also took it through the carwash to make sure all the road grit and ice was removed.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
(y) (y)

Setting aside an actual system defect.. which can and does happen (hence why vehicles come with bumper to bumper warranties).... an owner seeing and understanding the inherent short comings in the technology and being proactive in addressing proactively with very simple and straight forward actions (like cleaning away what is blocking the sensors) is exactly what good vehicle owners do. Weather is a harsh mistress to vehicles in many cases, so owners need to be objective and proactive in my view. Some owners though... instead.....start signing up to internet forums and simply complaining and blasting the vehicle manufacturer and threatening class action lawsuits, even though it is clearly an industry wide shortcoming in the technology to date. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
All these started having problems at the same time. The warnings came up one after another, Lane Keeping Assist Sensor Problems, Road Departure Mitigation Senor Problems, Collision Mitigation Braking System Senor Problems Adaptive Cruise Control all blew up at the same. I know Honda probably has NO IDEAL why this is happening and NO IDEAL what the fix is but this seems to be significant issue. Has anyone had this problem and been able resolve it without having to spend large sums of money on a new car? 2018 Cr-V 30,000 one buys a car and hope that SAFETY FEATURES are there for their benefit and they are the first to FAIL.
I'm glad I found this thread. I took my CR-V Touring 2015 into the dealership today and it turned out to be the sensor that is in the cabin behind the rear view mirror.
Thanks for all your help!

41 - 46 of 46 Posts