Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made sure I did the job 100% I just found a 2nd one , it was on the street, no way this popped off in front of me! I have to wait for the car to return. there are no special ways to put the spring clips on! I saw the first one I inspected to see all of them except two that I had difficulty seeing:

They keep the rear pads springed off the disks. they get locked on by the clip that sits in the calipers grove. I wonder if they should just be left off. no noise but the funny thing is

We were driving and the Dam Migration system came on PROBLEM!!!!!!! shut off car , all cleared go-figure that part out. the LKAS system, that cleared I have to wait for the return of the car to inspect. I hope the box I had some one did not go in my dam recycle and grabbed stuff and littered..... you never know.

out of the blue in front of me is what baffles me Lol

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved want to know, Ask.

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
those are wear indicators,I leave them off because they never fit right,possible comeback because of noise,there is 4 bent wire looking clips that go into pin holes in the pads that keep the pads off the rotors that dont alwayscome with the pads and or are missing,but most important is cleaning the bracket to bare metal and lube the bracket under the hardware and on top where the pads slide to prevent rust from lifting and jamming the pads 2 years down the road

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they spread the indicators are Silver not gold. how smart you were?

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny how the old one's were falling off all over the place Lol so I thought the new ones fell off ha ha ha .

took me some time to simply bend then to shape and eventually they settled in hard to explain... Thanks I hear ya. they help slide off the pads as much the other knew ....

Reactions: nitram3
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.