Status
Not open for further replies.

Brakes?

Tags
brakes
3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  BBLee 
#1 ·
Hi I have a 2017 CRV

Today I pulled up and let the engine ticking over whilst my son went into the shop he returns 15 minutes later and I go to pull off but it won't move in first.
It wouldn't move in reverse.
Sat trying to get it to move for 5-10 minutes while on the phone to RAC
The suddenly i got it to move the revs were really high sounded like a rocket - only only live 2 minutes away so thought let me get it home but revs were really high !
Got it home RAC came out cannot find a fault sods law no issues with brakes (plenty of meat on them) revs running fine.
the only other thing I can think of is the auto brake had cut in even though I wasn't moving so to speak?

Anyone else have the same / similar problem if so did you find out what it was?

#3 ·
Slang. hard to understand you.

Tick as in engine idling

Rac as in rent a center

rocket as in turbo whine

Time for some coffee, when you take the time to calm down and the excitement has gone maybe we can say Brake hold was jammed.

#4 ·
Hi I have a 2017 CRV

Today I pulled up and let the engine ticking over whilst my son went into the shop he returns 15 minutes later and I go to pull off but it won't move in first.
It wouldn't move in reverse.
Sat trying to get it to move for 5-10 minutes while on the phone to RAC
The suddenly i got it to move the revs were really high sounded like a rocket - only only live 2 minutes away so thought let me get it home but revs were really high !
Got it home RAC came out cannot find a fault sods law no issues with brakes (plenty of meat on them) revs running fine.
the only other thing I can think of is the auto brake had cut in even though I wasn't moving so to speak?

Anyone else have the same / similar problem if so did you find out what it was?
I'm going out on a limb and guess that you live in Great Britain. Which is fine but I believe that means that your 2017 CRV is a Generation 4 CRV. That, plus all the possible drive train and option differences makes this tough question for most on this forum to answer.

#9 ·
If you have a Gen5 CRV....

and if you had the brake hold on, then unbuckled your seat belt while waiting, the regular parking brake automatically engages (and overrides the brake hold automatic release).

Obviously, you aren't speaking our American English, so it's a little difficult to figure out exactly what you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.