Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my car today and I don't seem to be getting any hot or even warm air from the system.

I've had 4 CRV's before, so unless I'm really missing something I have no idea what it could be. I've cranked the climate control up to max and it's just blowing cold air through.

Is it because it's a new car (had 2 miles on the clock) or is there a fault. I'd been driving for at least 20 mins and the temp didn't change of the air coming through the vents.

Thanks folks!

R

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Can you get it to direct air down at your feet?
Almost sounds like the duct that redirects the air flow thru the heater core is messed up or not working properly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you get it to direct air down at your feet?
Almost sounds like the duct that redirects the air flow thru the heater core is messed up or not working properly.
When the air con is set to low temp it's working- when I pop the temp to its highest it's not 'as' cold but not in any way even slightly warm. The air blows cool in every setting but not from the centre vents- either side of the ICE unit - just through everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would make that round trip back, if the blower is working (blowing cold air). I had this issue once on a Toyota, I had changed the water pump and had air trapped in the heater core. I had to pressurize the system to eventually get it all bled out, then I had heat. I'm not saying that's your issue, you one that happened to me. Does the vehicle have plenty of coolant? can you heat the thermostat opening when the engine is warm?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would make that round trip back, if the blower is working (blowing cold air). I had this issue once on a Toyota, I had changed the water pump and had air trapped in the heater core. I had to pressurize the system to eventually get it all bled out, then I had heat. I'm not saying that's your issue, just one that happened to me. Does the vehicle have plenty of coolant? can you hear the thermostat opening when the engine is warm?
Corrected my spelling mistakes, sorry cannot find the edit button.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
On our '13 EX model we have a temp knob that goes from blue to red when turning clockwise.
If you're doing the same on yours, yes, you should feel almost instant hot air, if the engine is fully warmed up, when doing the same.
I'd say there's a basic flaw in your system and the dealer should be fixing it. I don't think it's just a fuse.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. I'll be calling them tomorrow but I have a horrible feeling it's something not so simple.
The car is absolutely brand new. Arrived at the dealer Friday, collected Saturday. Still had the protective film on the door sills when I collected.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So the dealer took it back this morning. Turned out there was a cable that wasn't connected. It's now working. Took 40min to fix.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Just as a side note, it might be me but I prefer the simple systems with a temperature knob and a fan knob. Actually I could easily get away with 3 or 4 settings on each. God bless the tri-zone automatic controls with synch feature on our new Pilot, but I like the simplicity of the "grab & twist" of my '09 CRV ;-)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually. I'm not happy. Noticed horrific paint swirls today when the sun was shining on the car. I think I am going to reject the car and let them send me a new one. Too many issues on a brand new car. Some interior panel is scratched too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now you have me really curious. Most dealers will really resist giving out brand new new replacement cars. Let us know how that goes.... hopefully you have a dealer interested in customer satisfaction.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now you have me really curious. Most dealers will really resist giving out brand new new replacement cars. Let us know how that goes.... hopefully you have a dealer interested in customer satisfaction.
A few years ago I had a problem with a white spot under the top coat. They removed it but completely messed up the surrounding paint. Then they damaged the window trim and some interior trim because they had to heat the chrome trim to remove it.
Basically every repair they made caused something else to screw up.

After 11 months almost they offered me a new car.
I am on the PCP Honda Happiness plans so I guess they don't really lose out that much.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh. Obviously not called the same in the USA.

You basically pay monthly for the car and after 3 years you can return the car, pay the final balloon payment or use the difference between the value of the car and what's left on finance after its paid off as a deposit for a new car. Your monthly cost is affected by the size of deposit and also mileage. So they offer you a guaranteed price for your car after the agreement and you decide what you want to do.
What my dealer does is call me after 2 years and offer me to change the car. They take it back, use the difference between outstanding finance and the value of the car as a deposit and I drive away a new car.

It's way too easy. Of course I'm essentially leasing the car. Doesn't really feel the same when you drive away the new car because I know it's going to be returned in 2 years.

I could of course buy the car after the agreement finishes.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Oh. Obviously not called the same in the USA.

You basically pay monthly for the car and after 3 years you can return the car, pay the final balloon payment or use the difference between the value of the car and what's left on finance after its paid off as a deposit for a new car. Your monthly cost is affected by the size of deposit and also mileage. So they offer you a guaranteed price for your car after the agreement and you decide what you want to do.
What my dealer does is call me after 2 years and offer me to change the car. They take it back, use the difference between outstanding finance and the value of the car as a deposit and I drive away a new car.

It's way too easy. Of course I'm essentially leasing the car. Doesn't really feel the same when you drive away the new car because I know it's going to be returned in 2 years.

I could of course buy the car after the agreement finishes.

I see... They call that the Leadership Purchase Plan here in the US... fancy sounding name for a balloon finance plan. You're better off with a lease (at least around here)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Love it when the Dealer actually fixes something right the 1st time. :D
Buffalo4
Until tomorrow when they have to deal with another issue of a total fail from the valet who prepped the new car for me. Totally screwed up the laquer. Swirls everywhere. Kinda hard to photograph.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts